PARTNER IS HIV POSITIVE!!!
Nov 25, 2006
HELLO DOC, pLEASE HELP MY BOYFRIEND IS POSTIVE BUT I PERFOMED ORAL ON HIM. HE DID NOT EJACULATE OR ANYTHING, WHAT OR MY CHANCES? I FEEL SO STUPID!!!!
Response from Dr. Frascino
The estimated per-act risk for acquisition of HIV from unprotected receptive oral sex with a partner confirmed to be HIV positive is 1 in 10,000 exposures.
A single rapid HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark will give you a definitive result as to your HIV status. The odds are astronomically in your favor that you did not contract HIV from this single episode.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is White Bumps On Penis A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Anal Warts After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Diarrhea After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Rimming Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Anal Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.