Worried in Tokyo

Dear Dr. Bob:

Please, please! A quick line of answer to my question of last week regarding these "lie bumps" that appeared on my tongue in great number two weeks ago. They were very painful, white (but not exhuding) and changed location from one day to the other. Now, two weeks later, they have gone. But I am not instead getting continuous very shallow sores in my mouth that last no more than a day each. Then one goes and another comes. Mouth has been feeling dry for many days now. Please please, could you tell me whether these types of mouth sores are consistent with acute HIV infection? I know I wrote to you already, but I am alone in Japan and very worried!!!!!

Donation promised and forever thanks.

Kind regards

Francis

Hello Francis,

Your mouth symptoms are not suggestive of or worrisome for acute HIV infection. However, I should mention symptoms are notoriously unreliable in predicting who is and is not HIV positive. Consequently, if you placed yourself at risk for HIV, you should be HIV tested at the three-month mark whether or not you have any symptoms.

As for your mouth symptoms, Tokyo has many excellent physicians and dentists. I suggest you have an evaluation of your problem if your symptoms are persistent or bothersome.

Thank you for your donation (www.concertedeffort.org). In return I'll send my good-luck karma that your definitive three-month HIV test is negative.

Stay well.

Elisa Questión & Donation (CUNNILINGUS)
Response to I got my life back and here is my story