Please help

Dear Doctor Frascino, I read your bio and was saddened by your stor but I am glad your and still kicking it and will pray for you. Also i will make a contribution to your fund - it's a great cause.

I am hoping thou that you can help put some ease to my mind.

I have had to unprotected sexual encounter in the last 2 years with girls. one was in sept 04 and the other in oct 05. I have been tested in march 05, nov 05, april 06 sept 06 and nov 06. ALl the tests were negative which is great news. However ever since july i have been getting bronchitis like symptoms and feeling malaise. Sometime when i eat i get nausea and headaches. My doctor's think its allergies but I am not totally at ease with that answer. What concerns me is that earlier this month i went to the doctor's with a cold and he took blood. The HIV test was non reactive but the nuetophils were kinda high at 7500 and the lymphocyts were 968. Although in range till they were way off from when i had a Blood count in april 05 with lymphocytes at 2250 and nuetohils around 3500. I am all concerned that something might be wrong with me and stressing myself out. I haven't been sexually active since oct 05 cuase i have been freaking out. Are the results in nov 06 conclusive. Should I be concerned?

Thanks and I appreciated any answer.

I'll be brief.

1. Your repeatedly negative HIV tests out to 13 months after your last potential exposure are definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how!

2. Tests that are in the normal range are normal! That's why we call it the "normal" range frevinsakes! That your lab values vary within that normal range has no clinical or prognostic value whatsoever. Your concerns are totally unjustified.

3. I cannot diagnose the cause of your symptoms bronchitis, malaise, headaches, etc. over the Internet. However, I can, with great certainty, tell you what's not causing them: it's not HIV! If you don't trust your current doctor's diagnosis, get a second opinion.

4. Thank you for your contribution to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation to help those who were not so fortunate in dodging the HIV bullet. Your tax-deductible gift is warmly appreciated.

5. Should you be concerned? Nope! Not about HIV.

Thanks for your good wishes and prayers. Yes, I'm still kicking it and I hope you'll soon be kicking your unwarranted stress out of your life!

Be well.

HIV/AIDS in the USA...World AIDS Day
Renewed Fears