WTF?

seriously doc,

im worried about this whole thing... people are seriously worried about getting HIV from a chapstick??! im positive and when i went to explain it to my younger brother for him not to be afraid of me, his reply: as long as you dont fuck me im safe, so shut up and watch the movie... my younger brother at the time was 14... seriously... how ever looking forward to a cure i am,(shit even if a preventive vaccine comes out ill be happy even if it wont help me), im very skeptic about it when people are so absurdly ignorant about HIV.. How is that possible?! i mean i met this foreign exchange student from saudi, real cool guy and i tend to be straight forward about my infection...so i offer the guy to sleep over one night kuz he's too shitfaced to drive home, and i tell him (he knows im gay), listen man im positive, and he says: i agreed to sleep over kuz your my buddy, im not having sex with you.. i say: who said anything about sex? and he said: if u wernt inviting why the hell did u tell me u were positive? IF THE SAUDI GUY KNEW ABOUT TRANSMISSION?!?! how can others not? I've learned alot of things about our world.. the shady part.. the prostitutes, escorts, infidelity, the porn video booths, be it hetero or homo culture they both have it... and i find it dissapointing that people will go and do such stupid shit.. like my mother told me once when i was much much younger.. dont use the word fuck.. u dont even know what it means.. same here.. do go sleeping with prostitutes, or video booths, or anything 'shady' without educating your self on the risks first! what do u think is the best way to fight this? as a previous poster wrote.. knowledge is power... and in the HIV spotlight, most people are totally and completly clueless... Also, on the ask a question page u should write something like : if u wiped ur self with a dry tissue, if u kissed someone, if u fingered someone U DONT HAVE HIV so dont post! i mean i feel great when people come here and write about their real woohoo, which are to me, u had unprocted sex, maybe the condom broke, someone cheated on you, and they end up negative, it just makes my heart sing... people wirting about using their gay fiends chapstick and being in a hot tub together and woohooing is not much of a woohoo! the doctors in the clinics running those tests should be like, listen go home ur not positive... serisouly... the positive population is doomed

Thanks for your comments!

The hot tub or even the gay "fiends" Chap Stick scenarios are indeed not much of a WOO-HOO to people who know and understand the facts about HIV transmission. Unfortunately there are far too many people who are indeed totally clueless about what constitutes a transmission risk and what unequivocally does not. Considering we are 25 years into this world pandemic and we have clearly understood how HIV is and is not transmitted for over two decades, this shocking lack of understanding speaks volumes about our woefully inadequate HIV awareness, education and prevention policies in the U.S. As you point out, many countries have much more effective programs in place. For a totally preventable disease, it is shocking that the rate of new infections per year in the U.S. has remained constant at 40,000 year after year after year! Let's hope the newly elected Democratic Congress will help reverse many of the policies that have hindered our HIV/AIDS education, prevention and awareness efforts, such as needle exchange programs and frank science-based sex education!

Hey, is it 2008 yet?

Be well. Stay well. Stay informed!

Am I over reacting?
leukopenia