HIV and flu shot
Nov 20, 2006
if my HIV status is unknown should I get a flu shot?
Response from Dr. Frascino
Perhaps the better question would be: why are you uncertain about your HIV status??? If you haven't placed yourself at risk for HIV, then you can assume you are HIV negative. However, if you have had some degree of risk from, for instance, unprotected sex or sharing intravenous needles, then what you need is an HIV test three months or more after your last potential HIV exposure. Once you know your HIV status, the decision whether to get the flu shot will become much more evident. If, for instance, you are HIV positive, yes, definitely you should get a flu shot.
Hope that helps.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Ache In Testicles After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Kissing Cold Sore Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Throat After Sensual Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Can I Get Genital Herpes If I Used A Condom?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.