Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Woohooo! Test result is back ! Thank you Dr Frascino
Nov 19, 2006

Thanks for replying to my concern 10 weeks ago. I am the one who ask you about vaginal secretion - hand - urethra (i can spell it correctly now) I had a PCR test (i heard it detects HIV antibody much earlier and the result proved to be negative ! This shows that i am save. Thanks for being there when i need you. I am safe now after the negative result from the PCR test.

However there was a question in my mind. Even though i have no risk i still browse through lots of questions and found out something which i do not understand. Why not let's clear all doubts quickly.

#1: Unprotected Oral sex is a extremely low risk. Is receptive oral sex with very little visible blood re-categorize it to high risk.

#2: Again the almost similar question. If the woman used her saliva (with little visible blood because of her ulcer) as lubricant to do a hand job for a penis. Touching the Urethra and all, what risk would it be or it would be of no risk ? If possible you can clarify my doubt. Cause i think the answer would be useful to me.

Anyway, i would like to thank you for telling me i was safe 2 months ago. It helps my 2 months wait for HIV much easier. And Dr Frascino, please forgive people who ask questions that never die( i was one of them ), we people are afraid, even though we see the archive filled with answer, we prefer to ask it and get it answered. It helps us be more relieved, cause we feel the question is 100% answered while looking at other people question and answer might not be that satisfying. that's how u made by 2 months better. I really appreciate your hard work, and i have been keeping my promise, donating weekly to the foundation. Well, let's just say i admire your work. and would like to be a helper to answer some of the question ! It's a joy to help people, and i felt happy after u answered me. So i wanna make more people happy too ! Thanks ! DR Frascino and i wish you best of luck. If you need help, you can email me too, i can help u answer question. I read your question and answers every 2-3 days whenever i am free. It's a interest now, thanks !!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

First your supplemental questions:

1. No. The oral sex risk remains the same. Blood in the oral cavity is an entirely different risk altogether. High or low would depend on a host of variables.

2. No risk.

Next, congratulations on your negative test! Regarding PCR tests, they don't actually measure "HIV antibody," but rather a piece of genetic material from the virus itself! You can read more about the differences between these tests in the archives and also in the "HIV Monitoring Tests" section that can be accessed on The Body's homepage under "Quick Links." Have a look!

As for QTND (Questions That Never Die), although I would like to answer everyone's questions individually, unfortunately that is not logistically possible, unless I have myself cloned many times over. I get thousands of questions on a continuous basis from around the cyber-universe day in and day out. I refer folks to the archives because QTND always have ATNC (Answers That Never Change).

Thanks for your donations. They are warmly appreciated.

Be well. Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
ELISAS PART 3?????
Next
penis to vagina/anus frottage

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.