|maybe 4th time lucky - will donate
Nov 16, 2006
Dear Bob, Please answer, i am really being stressed out and completely going insane!
Dear Doc. Bob,
I wrote last week however had no reply from you. Maybe I am asking silly questions but I would like to have a reply from you to help ease my anxiety regarding an exposure I had on Sep, 28.
I preformed unprotected oral sex for around 10 seconds and performed unprotected (again) insertive vaginal sex twice for around 5 seconds each. The lady was not a sex worker but someone who was residing at my hotel during a business trip abroad. I have no background of the lady and do not know her status.
Around 4 weeks after I had a white tongue. From what I gathered from the internet I did not have trush. It stayed there for a couple of days until I washed and scraped my tongue.
After that, sometimes I feel slight pain in my left groin. Neck and armpits seem ok No visible enlarged nodes anywhere but maybe the constant thought of them getting enlarged is driving me nuts.
Doc if you may kindly answer:
1. Describing my exposure would you consider to be a high risk one or a not so risky one? 2. Would you consider the above so called symptoms related to HIV/ARS? 3. Being in the 7th week after exposure, is there a limit of when symptoms can appear? I mean could they crop up after 10 weeks? 4. Would a test at 8/9 weeks be a good indicator even though not conclusive?
Dear Bob please help me! I am decided to have a test at the 8th week.
| Response from Dr. Frascino
Proceeding directly to your specific questions:
1. "Not so risky one."
3. ARS symptoms vary considerably from person to person. They generally appear two to three weeks after HIV transmission.
4. HIV-antibody tests taken prior to three months are not considered to be definitive and therefore are not recommended.
My advice would be:
1. Ratchet down those anxiety levels!
2. Get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark.
3. Use condoms in the future to avoid ever going through this unnecessary stress again!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Groin Pain After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Anal Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Tingling Lips After Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Amoxicillin To Treat Vaginal Infections
- Can A Vaginal Cyst Cause Enlarged Groin Lymph Nodes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.