Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Need some answers please
Nov 16, 2006

Hi Dr: I want to ask you since there is so much confution about the window period, I realized that you said 3 months is conclusive, but please be honest have you or your collegue have seen someone tested negative at 3 months, and then positive after that let's say 4, 5, or 6 months. thank you very much since I just tested negative at 95 days with rapid testing(fingerstick) post umprotected vaginal , but I am still scare since I had almost every single symptom of ars 3 weeks after exposure.pharyngitis,fever 99.2, right armpit lymph node painful and sweling, bodyache, a feeling of a flu was coming but never did, sore throat and flulike illness lasted about 1 month a 1/2. about 7 weeks post i ended op in the er with stomach ache and again flu like illness, diahreea about 5 times all this lasted 24 hours diagnosis was acute viral syndrome.here are my abnormal labs at that time wbc 13.2, abs neut cnt 11.9,Neutrophils 89 and Lymphs 5 that's why I am worried because lymph were very low. I am just coming out of severe flu that lasted a week. I will test again at 4 months but in your experience do you think 3 months is enough time for antibodies to be detected I have been with a lot of anxiety, stress, depression, and I have been reading your answers for the last 2 months, I will donate $ 200 if everything comes ok next month but things look bad for me since I have been sick for the last 3 months on and off. Please let me know what do you think thank you so much.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Neither I nor anyone at Frascino Medical Group has seen someone with a negative three-month HIV-antibody test subsequently test HIV positive without extenuating circumstances (immunosuppressive drugs, etc.) I would consider your negative test at 95 days to be definitive and conclusive. I agree your abnormal labs are most likely due to a viral syndrome however that particular virus is not HIV! Many of your ongoing symptoms may be related to your "anxiety, stress and depression . . . ."

I'm quite confident your four-month test will also be negative. Thank you for your generous donation (assuming "everything comes OK"I'm very confident it will!). Your one gift will touch many lives. In return I'm sending you my best good-luck karma that your follow-up HIV test remains negative.

Good luck!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Why are the good ones married? FORGET that..why are all the good ones gay!
Next
Hot Tub Escapades

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.