I thought I was safe, but....

Dear Doctor,

First, let me thank you for all that you do for us on this website. You are truly an angel. In fact I pretty much had my questions answered reading the archives all along and never really felt the need to write one myself. However, something odd has happened lately and so I had no option but to ask for your help.

My Background: 34-year old married male. Wife is pregnant in her 4th month. She is HIV-negative as per pregnancy-related HIV check (end October 2006). My last HIV test was negative in May 2005.

My Nature: Although I have always been faithful, within a 3-4 month span this year, I did a couple of stupid, unforgiveable things. I have confessed to my wife anyways and now I have vowed not to repeat them again. I read about exposures similar to mine in the archives and you seem to think they are all no risk.

My Exposures: 1. About 7 months ago, engaged in a curious masturbatory session with another male (I masturbated him, not the other way). No direct mucosal contact with any of his body fluids, but possibly some of his pre-cum was on my fingers. Almost 5-6 minutes after this, I felt an urge to pee and in the process, without washing my hands, touched the urethra and foreskin area of my penis.

2. 6 weeks ago, I deep kissed a girl I knew for a minute or two. She used her tongue a lot. Never saw any blood or anything in her mouth.

My Concerns: Since last week, I am having a weird rash on my left waist (about 5 inches in diameter). I have always had acne problems but this one does not resemble acne whatsoever. The skin in that area becomes red particularly if I scratch them or if I take a shower. Itches sometimes. The redness usually subsides soon enough but there are some papules on those areas too. Its been this way more than a week now and over the last 2 days, the area is becoming dry and dark as I have reduced the amount of water that reaches there while taking shower. I have not scratched it anymore and tolerated the itching.

My Questions: 1. I know that during ARS, some people get a maculopapular rash. I am way past the ARS timeframe from my first exposure but within the range from the second one. Do you think my rash is HIV related? Do people get such rash after ARS?

2. Do you think I have any HIV risk? I thought I didn't and did continue having sex with my wife all this time. Her last test two weeks ago was negative, but is it possible that she was still in the window period?

3. I am a pretty rational person and your archive responses to similar questions were very reassuring. But this rash has thrown me off. Do you think I need to be tested for HIV?

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Responding directly to your specific questions:

1. No. No.

2. No. No.

3. No.

Finally, you "deep kissed a girl (you) knew for a minute or two???" Hmmm . . . you work fast!

Relax, Max! You're fine. I'm glad you leveled with your wife. Now it's time to let the guilt, fear and worry go, OK?

Congrats on your upcoming new addition!

Hoping for a huge wooohooo
Totally worried