blood in urine

I've read your answers regarding HIV contraction from urine--that it can't happen--but still I'm fretting (perhaps needlessly) about an accidental exposure I had a few days ago. I was walking downtown at night in a big city, when a homeless person started emptying a bottle of urine right when I was passing by. I was probably four feet away. I was wearing jeans, so none of it came in direct contact with my skin, but a decent amount might have splattered onto the jeans. I couldn't really see how much. 24 hrs. after the incident I came down with diarrhea, which sometimes I get from stress, and I had been worrying a lot about the encounter and other things. I was on my way to dinner when it happened, and two hours later, when I got home, I washed my legs with soap and water and looked them over. I didn't see any open wounds on my legs/feet.

My question to you is: what if there was more than a normal amount of blood in the urine? The urine in question--in poor light, and from a quick glance--looked yellow, not pinkish or reddish. However, it was also obvious that this guy didn't have the best health habits, which makes me wonder if there might have been more blood in his urine. In your professional opinion, do you think I should be concerned? Also, how long could the virus survive on my jeans? Would the fact that my jeans were baggy help the drying process and minimize the exposure?

Thank you for your help--

Yep! You are indeed "fretting needlessly."

Your HIV risk is completely nonexistent!

By the way, baggy jeans are over!

Using the latrine in the dark
water reactivate HIV?