I am extremely scared!

Hi Dr. Bob

You are the best! You're my idol.

I had an hiv test 5 months after a minimal exposure (unprotected oral and protected vaginal) the result was negative. WOO HOO!! I also was tested for chlamydia, and syphilis both negative. I had a physical done by my doctor back in may which was 7 months after this exposure and he ordered routine blood work, all was normal.

The thing I'm scared of is these stupid symptoms I've been having they include: fatigue, sleeping for 10 hours and still feeling tired, I have a pain and uncomfortable feeling in my left ribs (could this be my spleen?), I am lethargic and I just generally feel ill. I don't have a fever or anything but to have headache and neck pain. Could this be late seroconversion? I know you can't diagnose symptoms over the internet but does this sound like anything I should be worried about? I've been going through a lot of stress lately and worried about different things, could this be the culprit?

Thanks for your time, a generous donation will be on the way.

Your negative five-month HIV test is definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how!

Late seroconversion? Nope! No way. No how!

Your symptoms are quite classic for anxiety and depression. This would coincide well with your current period of stress and worry. I would very strongly suggest you seek the help of a therapist to evaluate and treat your anxiety and depression. Your symptoms will dissolve as your stress and worry decrease.

Thanks for your donation. (www.concertedeffort.org)

Feel better, OK? Remember, HIV is not your problem!

Yet another negative worried well
Cost of antivirals in developing countires.