The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

protected vaginal sex at Oriental spa

Nov 12, 2006

Dear Dr. Bob, You are truly living proof that there really are special people sent down to do. God's work.any comments on the mid term election results?

About 10 days ago now I made a stupid decision to visit an Oriental spa for some r&r. The worker put a condom on me which I pray was latex. Well. I did perform vaginal sex with her and withdraw at climax with the condom still on and intact. My worry is that since the episode I have had muscle aches in arms, legs and chest almost like lactic acid buildup causing me extreme anxiety. Can this me early ARS? My chest also feels tight and armpits feel like the lymph bodes are tender. Please respond if possible.

God bless. Hopefully worried well!

Response from Dr. Frascino


You have tender lymph "bodes"??? Ouch!

Protected sex is protected if the latex condom was used properly and did not break. Your condom was intact, so relax, Max!

Your "symptoms" are more consistent with your "extreme anxiety" than ARS. In fact they are not even suggestive of ARS. I see no cause for worry or concern. However, if you remain worried, get a single HIV rapid test at the three-month mark. It will undoubtedly be negative.

Comments on the midterm election? Sure! I see it as the end of Dubya's Reign of Error!

Dr. Bob

hiv and needlestick
condom broke

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint