Last try, you must be very busy

Doc, this is the 3rd time i've asked this question. I can't find it addressed anywhere in the archives and i sure as hell don't think it's a shitty question!

I've had erythematous candidiasis on the roof of my mouth for 18 weeks now - confirmed by an oral specialist, and with no predisposing factors like antibiotic use etc.

I've had 5 4th generation ELISAs out to 4 months and 3 weeks following unprotected sex with a female - all negative. The specialist says he does not know why this is happening to me and i am so scared that i can't eat or drink.

I realise that if i am infected i would be a late converter with an opportunistic infection occurring very quickly after infection, which would mean that i don't have much time left and i need to know if you think that this is the case? Please help me with this one doc, i've got no one else to talk to.

Thank you

Please note the vast majority of cases of erythematous candidiasis have absolutely nothing to do with HIV!

Your five negative ELISA tests out to 4.5 months are definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. You are not a late seroconverter. You do not have an HIV-related opportunistic infection.

I can't advise you what's causing your persistent oral symptoms over the Internet. But I can tell you with great certainty what's not causing the problem. It's not HIV!

If your specialist is having difficulty evaluating or treating your problem, get a second opinion. However, just remember, HIV is not the problem, OK?

Question from a fellow Frascino!
hiv and needlestick