Blood under toilet seat

I was at work and went to the restroom. I used one of those seat covers they provide now and didn't see anything visible on the seat. After I had went to the bathroom and got up I noticed there was blood soaked into the seat cover and through it. I wondered where this had come from as it was not my blood and I lifted the seat and the whole underseat area was covered in fresh wet blood. Should I go to a doctor and get on a pep treatment? Do you think my risk was significant? I wiped my leg and butt area and did not see blood on the toilet paper, but am not sure if it got on me or not and if I had a sore or pimple or some sort on my leg and butt area. Please help, I don't know what to do.

Do I think your risk is significant? No, of course not. First of all, it is highly unlikely the blood hiding under the toilet seat was HIV tainted. Second, even HIV-infected blood would not penetrate intact skin if it did come into contact with your backside. HIV is actually quite difficult to acquire. It's not at all like kryptonite's effect on Superman!

Do you need PEP? No, absolutely not. I don't feel you even need an HIV test; however, if you need definitive proof that the porta-potty blood didn't attack you, then get a single HIV test at the three-month mark. It will unquestionably be negative.

Good luck. Be well.

Hello Doc
Regarding your nasty response to the HIV question