Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Can I get a whoooo hooooo????? Someone scream!!!
Nov 11, 2006

Hello, Doc, I worte in earlier and you responded. I believe the title was "I slept with a bisexual african american female stripper". I indeed strongly believe that I had contracted the disease as I had also cheated on my fiance. Well here is an update:

I had the following tests:

Day 22- DNA PCR/ Elisa Neg

Day 25- Rapid- Neg

Day 42- Rapid- Neg

Day 46- PCR DNA- Neg

Day 62- Elisa- Neg

Day 64- Rapid- Neg

Day 80- PCR RNA/ Antibody- Neg

Day 108- Neg. Elisa

I took the test yesterday and I am really happy!!!

Things that others should learn through my mistakes:

1.) Don't spend all the $$ I did on all of these tests. It's not worth it!!! Because in the end I only got a short term sense of relief. I kept feeding into my testing to feel better about myself. Not good.

2.) Keep busy and or occuppied with something you care deeply about because you will be surprised how time flies and the 3 month mark appears before you know it. I put all my focus on school and volunteer work. Play sports or work out!!

3.) Level with your girlfriend or fiance, as I did. I am glad to say, we went to counseling and are working through this. I would say we have made significant progress.

4.) Don't let symptoms rule your life as they did mine. I was in the mirror and self diagnosing myself, felt depressed. My fiance thought I was mentally ill, I truly started to believe everything I read and had convinced myself I had contracted something. I had a lot fo symptoms including the rash!! Stay away from the internet, although I know how tempting it was. I had to tell my fiance to limit my use! Stop staring in the mirror!

5.) Learn from your experience and accept what you have done and don't gripe about the incident as long as I did. Accept you made a mistake and try and correct the behavior that caused you to put yourself at risk. For me, it was drinking and my bachelor friends. Mix those together and you'll be doing things you thought were only in the movies!!

6.) Take it from me, I know it's not easy to hear it from a person who has already waited the 3 months, but I and along withmany others have been through what you are going through now and we can only give advice based on our experiences.

Finally, I would like to thank you doc for your help and your comforting humor. Am I all clear and ready to be an X-filer???? If other symptoms, like the chills, still persist, what can of doctor would you recommend me following up with? Thank you so very much.

Bobby

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Bobby,

Thanks for taking the time to write in and reinforce many of the recurrent themes of this forum. I want to reemphasize that your testing was expensive and excessive.

Regarding an evaluation of "chills," a general internist would be best.

Are you now an X-Filer? Absofrickinlutely! WOOOOOO-HOOOOO!!!!!

Stay safe. Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
you knew I would lose the bet
Next
in need of help

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.