BLEW A GUY'S "WHISTLE"

Thanks for being there! Please answer my question.

I had a strange experience. I was working with a team and the coach threw his whistle that hehad been using to continue with a drill. I quickly caught it and used it to start the practice drills. The whistle tasted funny but I didn't see any blood or anything else on it.

I am very scared though because, I have felt crappy ever since. I have a sore throat for a month, sore lymph nodes, and just recently night sweats and a white, bad tasting coating on my tongue.

Am I at ANY risk at all for HIV? The symptoms are really scaring me.

Please help. I have included a donation this morning.

Dude, when someone writes into this forum with a title like "Blew a Guy's Whistle," I've got to tell you I wasn't expecting it to be a real whistle you were worried about!

Relax, Sporty. The chances you contracted HIV from blowing the coach's whistle are completely nonexistent! Sore throats are common and can be caused by many germs other than HIV. In fact the vast majority of sore throats, sore lymph nodes, night sweats and coated tongues have absolutely nothing to do with HIV! See your doctor for a checkup if your symptoms are persistent and bothersome, OK?

Stay well, Sporty-Guy.

Thank you Dr Bob
asthma inhalers affects hiv test?