Help: consumed my own semen!

Hi

I hope you can answer this very fast...

I was masturbating yesterday, and got some semen on my own hand and I don't know what I was thinking but I tasted it and kind of swallowed it.

1. The semen had come in contact with a wound on my hand. Is this harmful in any conceivable way (not just HIV but also HPV)?

2. Will me drinking down my own semen give me AIDS or something (cuz the HIV virus is all over the place but gets active when it gets into an organism)??? God, I'm only fifteen and I don't want something like that!

PLEASE help me!!

-- Andrew

Hello Andrew,

Relax, guy! You did not do yourself any harm whatsoever, OK?

Your fears about HIV and HPV are unwarranted and your basic ideas about HIV are way off base. HIV is not "all over the place," nor does it "get active when it gets into any organism". Hopefully in school you'll learn about germs viruses, bacteria, fungi, etc. in your science classes. Also you need some basic sex-education information related to HIV. Check out the archives of this forum and the related links, paying particular attention to how HIV is and is not transmitted. For instance, it is impossible for you to transmit HIV by masturbating or ingesting your own spunk. HIV is a sexually transmitted disease, which means it can be transmitted from one infected person to an uninfected person during sex, OK?

Get informed, Andrew. Stay safe and you'll stay well.

I turn to you, my doc doesn't even know what ARS is..
Thank you Dr Bob