Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

No response for my previous question? please resond or i am gonna die
Nov 8, 2006

hello sir,

i am a heterosexual who had sex with indian sex worker in the month of may with not full covered condom. I got tested after 5 weeks which was negative but the doctor asled me to wait till 3 months for conclusive result. After 2 months symptoms started like muscle aches, skin rash, nausea, fatigue, itching and loss of appetite. i got tested after 4 moths and 5.5 months which was negative. i am still having symptoms and every can see my ribs out. i am very much worried about it. my tests were Antigen 1 for hiv 1 and antibody test for hiv 1 & 2. i am worried that i dont have enough antibodies to detect. i read in internet that in some rare cases it takes more than one year to generate enough antibodies.Do i need to take another test...All my tests are done in australia...i am sure i will send my contribution to your organisation..sorry for my poor english...Eagerly waiting for your reply...

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Your repeatedly negative HIV tests out to 5.5 months are definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. I cannot diagnose the cause of symptoms over the Internet; however, I can with great certainty advise you what is not causing them: it's not HIV!

You are not a "rare case;" rather, you are a very common case of someone who has irrational HIV fears and unwarranted worries leading to anxiety. My advice is simple:

1. Stop chasing (and fearing) a disease that you could not possibly have.

2. Get counseling to help you confront your irrational fears and cope with your anxiety.

3. Yell WOO-HOO and realize you dodged the HIV bullet.

4. Make sure all future sex-capades are "fully covered!"

Thanks for your donation (www.concertedeffort.org).

Stay safe. Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
How Many Tests Do I Need? (HAGGARD)
Next
regular donor

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.