The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Open Wound

Nov 6, 2006

Dear Doc

I posted this question earlier but with an incorrect e-mail address. hence the repetition.


On my travels to the far east I visited a massage parlour . I mean a real one. But lying naked on a bed whilst a nubile young woman gets about her business one finds oneself in a great state of arousal. While her hands were on my manhood mine was deep inside her, she was quite wet.

Now the million dollar stupid question.

Is it possible to contract the HIV virus through a wound on my probing finger which I only noticed the next day. The massueses was not visbly bleeding and I have no Idea if I was at the time but I doubt it.

Doc, A contribution by travellers cheque will be sent soon.

Response from Dr. Frascino


Chances are if your wound wasn't even noticed until the day after your rub-a-dub-dub, it is highly unlikely it was open and fresh enough to pose a significant HIV-transmission risk. In general fingering with intact skin is not considered to be an HIV risk. If you remain worried, a single HIV rapid test at the three-month mark will give you a definitive result.

Thanks for your tax-deductible gift to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation ( In return I'll send my best good-luck, good-health karma (It's never failed yet!) that your definitive HIV test results are negative, as I very strongly suspect they will be.

Good luck. Be well. Stay well. Vote Democrat!

Dr. Bob

My odds, doctor Bob?
desperately wanting you expert advice!

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint