Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

about aids in homosexuals
Nov 6, 2006

can HIV be created by two homosexual males who havent been exposed to the virus itself?

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Let me guess. You're home schooled, right? Do you really think that a virus can be "created by two homosexual males?????" Unfortunately this has become a QTND (Question That Never Dies). See below.

Dr. Bob

Anal sex and aids (CAN TWO HIV NEGATIVES CONTRACT HIV FROM EACH OTHER?) Sep 20, 2006

my husband and i had unprotected anl sex neither of us have aids or HIV and i we are in a monogomus relationship. what are my chances of contacted the HIV virus

Hello,

Can two HIV-negative people contract HIV/AIDS from having unprotected anal sex with each other? Astoundingly this has become another QTND (Question That Never Dies)! It dramatically points out (1) the failure of sex education, (2) the failure of HIV/AIDS-prevention efforts and (3) the lack of common sense to conquer irrational HIV fears.

I'll reprint a post from the archives that addresses your concerns. I also suggest you spend some time reading the information on this site related to how HIV is and is not transmitted.

Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Quick question - please help!

Sep 3, 2006

Hi Dr. Bob,

My gay partner and I are both HIV- but just now we've gone wild and we performed unprotected sex. Is there a chance to get HIV from unprotected sex if both parties are HIV-? I am really worried now. Please help. Thank you!

Hello,

"Can you get HIV from unprotected sex if both parties are HIV negative?" Here we go again. Another QTND: Question That Never Dies. Dudes, think about this rationally. HIV is a germ, a virus. Right? OK, check. Germs are spread from an infected person to an uninfected person. For instance, a common cold can be transmitted through the air if the infected person coughs or sneezes on an uninfected person. Right? OK, check. Sexually transmitted diseases, like the clap or syphilis, can be transmitted when the infected person has unprotected sex with an uninfected person. Right? OK, check. Now with this very basic information (even Dubya should understand this much), do you think you can answer your own question? Hint #1: HIV is a sexually transmitted disease.

Hint #2: HIV cannot spontaneously appear just because two uninfected guys get horned up and do a horizontal mattress mambo, forgetting to dress for the occasion. (That would be about as logical as the bizarre notions of "intelligent design" and "virgin birth.") Hint #3: You can't give something away that you don't have to give. Otherwise I'd ask you for a million dollars. But if you don't have a million dollars, you can't give it to me, right? And even if we had nookie, a million dollars wouldn't appear, no matter how hot the encounter may have been. Right? OK, check.

So, what's your final answer?!?

Hint #4: Dubya probably thinks you can indeed get HIV this way. So considering Dubya has been and continues to be wrong about absolutely everything from the war in Iraq to WMD to Mission Accomplished to Katrina to the economy to the environment to evolution/intelligent design to stem cell research, etc., etc., etc., does this help sway your answer?

OK, if you're still confused, write back and I'll provide more hints.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Meth and same sex forays
Next
HOW DID YOU GET INFECTED

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.