|Receptive Oral Risks
Nov 6, 2006
Hi Dr Bob, I am sorry to bother you again with yet another oral questions but I guess I really would love to alay my fears and anxieties. I hope you can give me some peace of mind. I recently tested neg after about 16 weeks. Then two weeks later I again went to see and transgendered escort. I performed oral sex on her for about 5 mintues. She did not ejaculate. I did ask her if she should wear a condom and she said she was "clean" She put a condom on me and she blew me until i ejaculated into the condom. This was 2 weeks ago. What is the minimum time I need to wait to take another test and what do you think my risks are? I have heard low risk but what exactly does that mean. Well I guess there is no "exactly" but I am wondering about stats. I have seen and read that there are no known documented cases of this leading to HIV. Is this true? Thanks for all your help. PS. How do I donate.
| Response from Dr. Frascino
All the answers to your questions are readily available in the archives. Have a look! I really haven't changed my opinion about any of these topics!
1. HIV-antibody tests taken prior to three months from the time of potential exposure are not considered to be definitive or conclusive. Consequently your "minimum time" to wait for an HIV antibody test is three months.
2. The estimated per-act risk of acquiring HIV from unprotected receptive oral sex with a partner confirmed to be HIV positive is 1 per 10,000 exposures. Your estimated risk would be less because we don't know tranny's status.
3. Donation information for The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org. Thanks for your tax-deductible gift! In return I'm sending you my good-luck karma that your definitive three-month HIV test is negative.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sex With A Prostitute Risk Of Getting AIDS
- Black Spots After Rimming Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Touching Urine Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.