Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

now or never
Nov 3, 2006

Hi, I just stumbled onto your forum and was truly heartened by some of your responses and comments about bush. As an australian ,it`s hard to realize there are others out there who feel confused about why this warmongering,draught dodging, hypocrit ,moron is your democratic elected leader. Anyway enough of that. I would like to ask your opiniom regarding a sexual matter. I`m a married guy, who`s sex life is less than adequate. I don`t wont to get into the how and whys, but lets just same I have the opportunity of a sexual encounter with a very experienced women in a similar position. Naturally ,I`m interested. This woman makes no bones that she has done this before (without condoms). I have indicated the only sex I would have is safe sex which she aggrees too. Should I take up here offer or should I be too worried about catching an s.t.d. and be left as frustrated and depressed about sex as I AM NOW.?

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Aussie-Guy,

Gosh, most guys don't wind up in this forum asking my advice before cheating on their partner!?! Dude, I can't advise you on the wisdom of adultery; however, I can tell you that latex-protected sex is indeed "protected" from HIV if the latex (or polyurethane) condom is used properly and does not fail. HIV can't permeate intact latex. No way. No how.

As for "now or never," nah! I spend a fair amount of time down under and find almost all Aussies to be sexually supercharged always ready, willing and able. I do think you need to resolve your current situation that is causing you to feel frustrated and depressed. A quick shag with a Sheila probably won't resolve the problem. Have you considered marriage counseling or perhaps getting out of the marriage altogether?

Good luck. Stay safe and you'll stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Wet Vaginal Secretions from Outside of Condom on Penis
Next
doctor touched my penis with a pen (literally) and told me i can get aids from kissing (donation on the way)

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.