Worry Wells - Please Listen

A Huge Woo Hoo from the Pacific NW! Just received test results for Hiv 1 and Hiv 2 six months post exposure - Negative! Guess what, if I would have listened to Dr. Bob's advice, "symptoms don't matter, all that matters is the blood test", I would never have experienced the stress and anxiety over the past several months. I had every symptom imagineable - white tongue, night sweats, numbess in fingers and toes, you name it, I probably experienced it. Although my three month Hiv 1 Elisa was negative, I didn't believe the results. I convinced myself I contracted HIV - even though the three month test proved otherwise. Bottom line - Get tested after three months and trust the results. Don't 'listen' to your symptoms, as they cannot confirm HIV status. Listen to the advice on this website and especially Dr. Bob - he knows what he is talking about. Lastly, if you have any doubt what so ever - get tested at six months like I did. As the Calif. Aids Hotline told me - "go ahead and get tested at six months, it will just confirm your three month test results." One more thing, if you're suffering from anxiety over a 'possible' exposure - seek counseling in addition to getting tested. It will save you from needless worrying. Dr. Bob, this has been a wake up call for me, so I am contributing to your organization as well as SFAF and will get involved in local HIV/Aids Awareness organizatins as well. Thanks for all you do!

WOO-HOO! Excellent news! Thanks for taking time to write in and share your story and new insights!

Thanks also for your donation! (www.concertedeffort.org)

Be well. Stay well.

Can we Plan for child
Bleeding Gums and Toothbrush