Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

please answer this, i can't find a clear answer anywhere
Nov 1, 2006

A couple of weeks ago I was walking down the street and this guy had a McDonald's bag. He dumped the fries out of the little fry bag and then threw it on the ground. Litter annoys me, so I picked it up and crumpled it into my hand. There wasn't a garbage can until a few blocks later, so then I threw it away. 10 minutes later I got back to my apartment, washed my hands with some sanitizer but may have not done a thorough job, and was watching TV and noticed there was some dried blood on my finger. I'm not sure if it was from self-consciously picking at a bug bite I had or if it could've been on the guy's fry bag that I picked up. I am worried that the dried blood may have gotten into a cut I had on my finger. I also had a cut on my lip. I am worried because all I have read is that dried blood "after several hours" is not infectious, but what if it dried within like 15 minutes and then got into a cut?

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Dude, it was McDonald's fries ?. The red blotch on your fingers was probably ketchup. Even if it were dried blood, your HIV risk would be completely nonexistent.

Stop trying to supersize a risk that doesn't even exist!

Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
The proof: Masturbation is harmful
Next
Immunosuppresants and Oral-HELP

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.