effective condoms (CONDOMS)

My husband is HIV positive and I am negative. Since his diagnosis nine months ago I have had to have three courses of anti viral drugs due to condoms splitting or comming off inside me. We have tried a variety of different condoms but none seem safe. We are not particulaly rough in bed and I don't need lubricants. surly there is a product out there that will be safe to use. Please help.

Condom failure is an extremely rare occurrence if latex condoms are used properly. First, if condoms are "splitting" or coming off inside you, there may be a problem with the fit. Are you married to a King Kong Dong or a Pee Wee Herman? I'll reprint a post from the archives that addresses the custom-fit condoms.

Next, you report "I don't need lubricants;" however, the condom might. I'd recommend trying plenty of water-based lubricant, whether you fee you need it or not.

Finally, I recommend you and your husband review proper condom usage techniques to avoid condom failures. (See below as well as peruse the information in the archives.)

Stay safe. Stay well.

Big schlong comments Jul 11, 2006

Dear Doc,

I thought the comment about the king kong dong was hilarious...

Yet i am a guy with a freakishly large penis, and i thought i'd post a few comments in reply.

Condoms, as most males (and some females) will agree that its a passion reducer.. yes, condoms will expand like 20 times their size, but one thing ur forgetting is that the bigger the schlong, the tighter the condom gets, the more trouble blood has getting into ur big boy and maintaining an erection. no, i dont have ED in any form as i can stay hard without the dreaded rubbers... im assuming ur next question is how big is my member...11 inches long and 8 around the shaft.. Also, one thing that slightly bothered me was ur comment ' never seen one that size on a white boy'. I AM WHITE... ok. ok. Half white half arab. if ur wondering what im doing here commenting the size of my 3rd arm, ill tell you.. ive been scared shitless MANY MANY times experiencing ARS symptoms and turning out negative kuz condoms seem to break almost EVERY SINGLE TIME, and i've become a regular on ur pages, so that if i ever get anything, ill know as much about hiv as i possibly could. ur a great person. best wishes

Hello Big Boy,

11 X 8????? WOWZA! Are you sure you're not Italian??? So I guess instead of joining our "X-Files" (ex-worried wells), we'll have to admit you to our XL Files!

The truth about condoms is that any regular condom will fit any size man, including you, Mr. Big! Fill one with water and you'll see they hold several liters! If your condoms are breaking "every single time," it's probably one of two things:

1. You are using outdated, inferior-quality raincoats (unlikely).

2. You aren't using them correctly (very likely). Don't forget you need to pinch at least half an inch at the end of the condom before you roll it on and you must use plenty of water-based lubricant. Remember "lubrication is your friend."

I addressed this topic in a support group recently. To prove that condoms fit even the most well endowed boys, I asked if anyone had a condom handy. As it turns out, they all did! (Guess these HIV support groups are really great places to pick up guys for the night!) Anyway, I took one (unlubricated) and stretched it over my head! No, no that one, the one on my shoulders! (Boy, you certainly have a one-track mind!) Give it a try. It's a neat party trick, although you need to be careful not to rip the condom with your nails. I told the support-group guys that if any of them had a trouser snake bigger than my head, I would . . . well, I won't tell you exactly what I promised, but let's just say I didn't have to deliver.

Getting to your other point: your astronaut doesn't like his spacesuit to be too tight when out on his moon walk. I agree this can be a legitimate concern. If your home entertainment center is feeling too constrained when dressed for action, you can order a "custom wrap job" from Condomania's Web site, condomania.com.

OK, so no more excuses! I expect to see you knight always properly attired in his shining armor prior to going into action!

Stay safe. Stay well, XL-Guy.

I'll repost the question and answer to which you refer below.

king kong dong Jul 8, 2006

Dr. Bob,

Met my new boyfriend Rufus on the net. Turns out his penis measurements were in "real" rather than Internet inches! That's never happened to me before. This guy could make King Kong blush with envy. Well he wants to have sex but says condoms don't fit because he's such a big boy. What do you recomend?

Ready, Willing, and hopefully Able Abe

Hello Hopefully Able Abe,

So you met King Kong Schlong Rufus on the Net? Hmmm . . . . Where did you find him, www.massivelyendowedsingles.com???

So, um, Abe, just how big is Rufus? Inquiring minds want to know! Oh never mind. We better not get distracted here or you'll never get your question answered.

Abe, the bottom line here is that you need to protect your, um, bottom line (so to speak). And unless Rufus is so large that even the Lincoln Tunnel would have a tough time accommodating him, condoms will fit. Try Magnum XL. They work for me . . . oops, I mean they should accommodate anything that doesn't belong in a circus freak show.

Just to prove my point. Take one out of its snazzy foil packet and blow it up like a balloon. Once it gets to be 10 times bigger than Rufus's tallywhacker, tie a knot in it and show it to Mr. Big. He won't be able to complain about them not fitting ever again.

Just for laughs, I'll post a few questions from the archives that deal with size, OK?

Stay well. Stay safe, Abe.

BIGGER OEM IS BIGGER RISK?? Apr 21, 2006

Dear Dr. Bob,

I ll be brief:

Does having a bigger OEM (one eyed monster) increases your risk of HIV on unprotected sex for both insertive and receptive?

You are doing a great job, you are the best!

Thanks a lot.

OEMd

Just how much bigger are we talking about here? Like "gosh, I never saw one of those on a white boy before" or "oh my God!!!" or "Zowie, does that thing come with its own zip code?"

Bottom line: size does matter in some things, but not necessarily in HIV risk. Unprotected tiny weenies and giant salamis have the same statistical risks. Of course, the giant salamis may well have more opportunities to get into trouble than those Dick Cheney-sized head-in-the-bushes types.

Stay well, Big Boy.

Sex through zipper on pants? Jan 19, 2004

can a guy have sex with you through the zipper on his pants? without unbuttoning them?

What the hell are you talking about? First off, zippers zip and buttons button. Zippers don't unbutton. Next, even if the dude is a pencil-dicked geek, his Mr. Happy just wouldn't fit through a zipped zipper. Right? So tell me, just how small is your boyfriend?

Step-by-step guide to using a condom

Open the packet carefully to avoid damaging the condom (jewellery, long fingernails or careless teeth could tear it). The condom comes out rolled up forming a ring which will fit over the cock

Put the condom on after the cock is hard and before any kind of fucking begins

Check the condom is the right way up; you can test with a finger that it rolls out and down

Keep the cock completely free of grease and lubricant for best `holding power'

Squeeze the closed end between the thumb and forefinger to expel the air. Air bubbles can make condoms break

Hold the condom over the tip of the cock and with the other hand carefully unroll it down to the base of the cock. It may help to stretch the condom width-ways in order to ease it down the cock and to ensure that it remains in place once fucking begins. But be careful not to pierce the condom with your fingernails when doing this

If you have a foreskin pull it back before covering the head of the cock with the condom. Don't try to cover the balls with a condom

Smooth the condom to eliminate any air bubbles

Some men withdraw to check the condom, occasionally. If you need more lubrication (and you should use plenty), use more water-based lubricant

Never use two condoms at once. This more is likely to lead to breakage because of rubber rubbing against rubber

If the cock gets soft during fucking the condom may slip. Fingers held round the base of the condom will help it stay put

If the condom does break or slip off during fucking withdraw as soon as you find out! Obviously you will need to use a new one if this happens

A condom is more likely to break if the fuck lasts a long time, (longer than 45 minutes). Consider changing the condom during a long sex session

After coming (ejaculation) withdraw the cock before it becomes soft (otherwise semen could leak out of the condom). To prevent the condom slipping off your cock at this stage, hold it firmly round the base as you withdraw

Throw used condoms away. Dispose of them thoughtfully, e.g. wrapped up in tissue paper and then thrown in the rubbish. They shouldn't be flushed down the loo, since this may cause blockages in sewage disposal, according to water companies

Never use a condom more than once

Never go fucking from one person to another without changing condoms.

Practise and be prepared Practise putting a condom on when you are masturbating on your own. Making it part of your wank will help you to get used to the feel and look of a condom, and can be a turn-on in itself. You can take your time, following instructions step-by-step, so that you know exactly what you are doing. That way, when it comes to using condoms during fucking, you will know what to do.

You can also practise putting a condom on your partner, on a banana or on a dildo. Some people like to put condoms onto their partner's cock during sex, and this is a way of getting used to it. But never fuck with a condom that you have practised with by inflating or stretching. Use a new one instead.

You never know when you will strike lucky. Carry some around with you all the time. Remember that this is not `loose' but responsible behaviour. And leave condoms around your flat - in the bedroom, the bathroom, in fact wherever you have sex at home. They will also advertise the fact that you expect to use condoms when you have sex.

orgasim takes forever
The proof: Masturbation is harmful