inspiring story.

Dearest Dr bob.

When i was 18 on a trip to africa i got rammed by a rhino.. no im not kidding... i lost alot of blood and the only person left that could donate blood was a positive woman named Mahari(or something like that) it was either take the transfusion with PEP or die at 18. i chose to take the cahnce (obvisouly im writing to you now). the PEP though was a failure. im now 22. at age 19 i dropped out of university... couldnt be assed... lost motivation, nothing was allright, i was un responsive to meds, the meds toxicities were unbearable. so i moved to swizerland did training at a hotel school and then travelled europe. I am now a chef.. I am opening a restaurant, yet it wont be open until next year tho. being non responsive to medication, HIV is rapidly ravaging my system, i suspect i will be declared an AIDS patient within the next few T-counts as my last one 3 months ago was 268. The restaurant im opening is called: '' Zero +'' (read zero positive) after my status and maybe the one thing that has put my eyes on a goal. its a really fancy place, Zero + is my concerted effort. every so amount of profits will be donated to finding a cure (i still have to see how well the restaurant works before i can decide that). Hopefully i will still be above ground when hopefully i will be the one to inaugurate it. if that isnt the case, my friends promissed they'd try to run it.. at least as long as they can. When that day comes ill send u a personal invitation with steve-o (dr steve of the tratamientos forum here at the body.. haha) he's a good looking guy, love him and let him love you, its wierd how sometimes love only seems important when ur faced with a terminal illness... AND a note to all you worried wells... im the poz part of a magnetic couple and let me tell you this. i have a lover, her name is vanessa, and we have sex all the time (bob u might have some competition here) and i think we had a total of three condom breaks where i ejaculated in her. and guess what, despite my relatively high viral load she's still neg... so people breath, HIV really isnt that contagious. STILL USE A CONDOM THO!!! I dedicate this to all positoids, gay and straight, druggies and not, right and wrong left and right, young and old. If ur POZ, let ur self be heard, the MAC hiv/awareness fund raising events make noise, elton's doing it, johnson's doing it, even Dr bob is doing it... do it ur own style, help people be aware, help urself and others rid them selves of this nasty virus and keep the neggies negative. God bless you all. and enjoy my food once its served.

Hello "Zero+" Chef,

Rammed by a rhino??? An HIV-tainted, but life-saving emergency blood transfusion in Africa??? Hotel school in Switzerland??? Travels through Europe becoming a chef??? Opening a restaurant called "Zero+" and dedicating profits to finding a cure for HIV??? Having hot magnetic sex with Vanessa "all the time???" Hmmm . . . I believe your story is more than inspiring. I think we have the makings of an HBO miniseries! How could it fail to be a mega-hit with components like rhino-ramming, HIV and magnetic-shagathons?

Thanks for taking the time to write in and share your story. Don't be surprised if Oprah calls and wants you to appear on her show. (I'd suggest avoiding Geraldo.)

One comment: regarding being unresponsive to your HIV medications and having unbearable medication toxicities, I urge you to consider some of the newer drugs available, including some that just recently became available in pre-approval compassionate-use programs. I agree taking these potent medications is not easy and they may not always work; however, with persistence and access to the newer agents, we've been able to find effective and tolerable regimens for nearly all our patients. The key is working with a compassionate and comprehensive HIV specialist. "Zero+" is going to need its founder and master chef in good health for quite some time, as we hope it will generate enough funds to find a cure for AIDS! Steve-o and Bobbo will indeed come for dinner if you promise to work closely with an HIV specialist and try to find a new HIV regimen that works for you. Deal? I hope so, because we're already looking forward to dinner. We have plans to be in Europe in December. So hurry up and put the finishing touches on your new place. The Michelin Guide needs a few more three-star restaurants!

Good luck! Good health! Good food!

Thank You
Progress report no questions