Please read:obcesssive or not I need to know which one!also i want to know how u feel
Oct 31, 2006
Dear Dr. Bob-
You amazing thing you.I am 28 years old tested 6 months ago and havent had sex in a year.negative elisa and western blot confirm. Also I do not do drugs. Clean as a whistle! So my concern is a few things.1) I was at a friends house who had a friend over that is a meth user and looks very bad, dont know if she has HIV but she hates me and has done some things like vandalize my car etc....Im afraid I may have gotten HIV and not known it by her pricking me with a needle or something like that. Am I going crazy? 2 weeks after that I had what started as a flu for only 24 hours and it went away. I also have a rash currently not where the lymphnodes are at but where the crease is between my leg and manhood.its reddish with little looks like pimples,i shaved there 1 week prior to the rash so you know. Should I get tested? Im so conscience of HIV and I would hate to get it this way. Also I dont remember feeling anything prick me but i was very distracted talking to my friend. please help.
Response from Dr. Frascino
1. Are you going crazy? Hmmm . . . well, if you are seriously worried about tweaked-out meth users pricking you with needles that you never even felt, I suppose you could be well on your way to the funny farm.
2. Should you get tested because you had a 24-hour "flu" and some pimples near your manhood? Nope. Instead, I'd suggest you see a dermatologist to clear up your unsightly rash.
As always, the option to get an HIV test is always open to you. However, I do not feel it is warranted based on the information provided. You might consider getting some counseling for your HIV fears and "obcesssive" problems!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Are White Bumps On Penis An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Is Fatigue An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Itchy Skin After Anal Sex Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sinus Infection After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can You Have Sex While Being Treated For Std?
- Severe Vaginal Bleeding After Lifting
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.