How accurate was testing 10+ years ago?

Hi. New to this forum. I am a 34 year old woman. Married for 10 years - - monogamous relationship for certain. I had an HIV/AIDS test prior to getting married, and it was negative. This test was at least 4-5 months after several sexual encounters with a previous partner who was undoubtedly permiscuous. I've had no sex of any kind with anyone since then except for my husband for the past 10+ years. Should I be retested? I don't think I have any "symptoms" - but I don't think I'd know what they were if I did.

Your previous negative HIV test four or five months after your last potential exposure is definitive and conclusive, assuming you've had no additional potential HIV exposures since then, even if the test was 10+ years ago. I see no reason for concern or worry or to consider retesting.

If you want to learn more about HIV/AIDS (prevention, signs/symptoms, tests, treatment, etc.), I invite you to peruse the wealth of information on this site, in the archives and on the related links.

Be well. Stay well.

le sang sec ...je flippe
Please read:obcesssive or not I need to know which one!also i want to know how u feel