Still very worried

Dr Bob,

Loads of sites I have been on say that baby oil destroys condoms, she had covered her vagina in baby oil so couldn't the condom have been damaged and HIV have got in? She put the tip of my penis inside but I wasn't fully hard so the condom had shrivelled a bit.

I am sorry I ask so many questions, I hope the donation will make up for it.

Please respsons one last time then the next time you will here from me is when I get my results and if negative, a donation.

Yes, petroleum products, including the mineral oil that's in baby oil, can denature latex under certain circumstances. However, the chance that happened with your very brief minimal exposure is so remote as to be nonexistent. What else can I say? Your odds are beyond astronomical that you could have contracted HIV from this experience, OK? Take a read through the archives. You'll find multiple testimonials from folks who inadvertently used oil-based lubricants on latex condoms, which nonetheless remained intact. I obviously don't recommend oil-based products. In fact, I strongly advise against using them with latex condoms. However, just because your hooker-babe lubed up with baby oil doesn't automatically mean your condom disintegrated and that you contracted HIV.

I'm holding you to your promise that your next communication will be your three-month HIV test results. I'm also extremely confident you'll be WOO-HOOing like a banshee in heat when advising me of the results.

HELP - FOLLOW UP Oct 24, 2006

DR Bob,

The oil used was baby oil not massage oil, it was baby oil.

I have had massive lymph nodes going up everywhere on my neck six weeks after the event also my neck felt very stiff and I had a sore throat.

I had a 4 week test which was negative but the GUM clinic here in the UK refused to test me at 6 weeks saying it was too early. I have also had a massive canker sore in my mouth. I am so worried. Please follow if I test negative in early December I promise I wll donate all my salary for that month. Please answer me Dr Bob please. I am so scared and worried.

Here is my original q:

$1500 donation please answer. Oct 13, 2006

Dr Bob,

I went to a massage parlour and the woman gave me a massage. She also gave me a handjob and rubbed the tip of my penis against her vagina. I was wearing a condom at the time but she had been using massage oils on me and I am worried that this would have destroyed the condom.

I have had one lymph node in my armpit and my stomach feels really rough. I have taken lots of staomach medicine but it feels terrible and hurts all the time.

Is this an ARS symptom. I will donate all of my salary next month which is approximaltely $1500 if I test negative to your foundation. Please answer me.

Hello Baby-Oil Guy,

Dude, ratchet down those anxiety levels a few notches before you spontaneously combust, OK? Baby oil is just mineral oil with some mild fragrances. My assessment of your risk remains exactly the same. You'll be WOO-HOOing as soon as you see the results of your definitive three-month test . . . unless, that is, you croak from anxiety first! Please try to calm down or see your doctor to get some antianxiety medication to help you through the window period, OK?

I'm here if you need me. I'll bet your WOO-HOO is going to really be a humdinger after all this ranting, raving and worrying. I better get my earplugs ready.

I'm continuing to send you my best good-luck/good-health karma (it hasn't failed yet!), OK?

Follow up q donation of $1500 Oct 22, 2006

Dr Bob,

I am now 5 weeks in and I have a really bad sore throat and a canker sore. Yet I have never had a canker sore again.

Couldn't the baby oil from the massage have destroyed the condom and given me HIV.

I am really worried, I usually never feel ill and usually am in good health. But I am really scared because now I have a canker sore, a really bad sore throat and my neck was really stiff and kept cricking when I moved it.

Your canker sore, sore throat and stiff neck are not HIV related.

Your definitive three-month HIV test will confirm this fact. Try to keep your stress levels and anxiety in control while waiting for your test results. I remain absolutely confident that HIV is not your problem. No way. No how.

Good luck!

Dr Bob,

A handjob and rubbing the tip of your condom-covered Mr. Happy against a massage-lady's vagina even with massage oils! is not a risk for HIV transmission! No way. No how.

Your "one lymph node" and "rough" stomach are not indicative of or worrisome for HIV ARS (acute retroviral syndrome) or HIV disease. Your stomach discomfort could be related to stress, anxiety, stomach ulcer or a host of other causes, but certainly not HIV, OK?

If you're worried, and clearly you are, get a single HIV rapid test at the three-month mark. It will undoubtedly be negative and that should put all your residual HIV worries permanently to rest.

Thank you for your very generous donation! (www.concertedeffort.org) Your one gift will touch many lives in a very meaningful way. On behalf of those folks, please accept my heartfelt thanks. In return I'm sending you my very best good-luck/good-health karma that your HIV test will be negative. (I'm extremely confident it indeed will be negative!)

I'm looking forward to hearing your good news (negative test results) very soon!

Good luck!

Just Read It (Or Not) pt. 3
Im really firghtened