EARLY SYMPTOMS OF hiv

Hi, I am watching your posts and you are doing great work by helping people in clarifying the doubts.I will donate to your foundation. It is almost 1 year I had sex with sex worker in florida. Please let me know what are the possible symptoms of HIV?. I am getting white coating on tongue and having lot fear and anxiety and couldn't get proper sleep during the night. three months back I went to strip bar and had oral sex only. Please help in 1.what will be symptoms if I am exposed to HIV?. I am feeling guility and never want to do again. Please reply and clear my doubts.

The "possible symptoms of HIV" vary greatly from person to person. I'll repost a question from the archives that discussed the potential signs and symptoms associated with HIV ARS (acute retroviral syndrome).

Finally, sex is supposed to be fun, not guilt-provoking and fear-inducing. Spend some time reviewing the safer-sex guidelines and techniques discussed in the archives and on related links. Play safe and you should then have no fears, worries or guilt. OK?

Be well. Play safe. Stay well.

What are symptoms of ARS? May 23, 2004

Bob,

I am an x-filer who still follows your forum for laughs, information, and curiosity. I realize that mosty people who write in to this particular forum merely think that they were exposed to HIV, and only a very, very small handful actually were. An an even smaller handful actually contract the virus.

My question to you is this: Seeing as how there is so much conflicting information out there regarding HIV and HIV ARS, could you please shed a little light on what you might consider a "typical" case of ARS?

And if I'm not stepping way out of line here, would you mind discussing what ARS was like for you? I completely understand if you don't feel that this is something for the masses, but there are many positive benefits to hearing things firsthand.

Regardless, I will continue to donate to Concerted Effort, and wish you all the best!

I don't believe there is such a thing as a "typical" case of ARS or a "compassionate" conservative. ARS symptoms vary greatly from person to person, and may be so mild as to go essentially unnoticed or be so severe as to be debilitating. I can give you the frequency in the form of percentages of various signs and symptoms of primary HIV infection. Perhaps that will help. Fever 96%, enlarge lymph nodes 74%, sore throat 70%, rash 70%, muscle aches 54%, diarrhea 32%, headache 32%, nausea and vomiting 27%, enlarged liver/spleen 14%, weight loss 13%, thrush 12%, neurologic symptoms 12%.

Remember, however, that symptoms, even all of the above listed symptoms, do not equal HIV disease. There are many illnesses that can cause these symptoms. The only way to know if you've contracted HIV is to get tested.

My ARS included seven of the symptoms listed above.

Thanks for your willingness to donate. Details about the Foundation can be found at www.concertedeffort.org.

Stay well.

I urge you to answer this one Dr Bob - please...
Just Read It (Or Not) pt. 3