two reactive elisas part 2

dear doc thanks for your answer to my first part of my question. after the exposure i got what the doc said was geographic tongue 4 weeks after the exposure and to this dya the tongue is still sore in some parts? could it be stress still causeing all this? i have also had asptous ulcers on the inside of my cheeks that come and go in about 24 hours time and now my wife and son seem to have these as well. can asptous ulcers come and go in 24 hours and if it had anything to do with hiv wouldnt they last longer of again could this be stress? also doc hollywood is there anything out there that could block my antibodies from showing up even at 15 weeks? as in my other comments i have been neg on everything stis and heps i just hope that im not coinfected which is not allowing me to produce the antibodies. anyways doc if i had a high viral load of the virus causing all these symptoms so early on would it be safe to say that my test at 15 weeks would have had a pos wbt or at least something? im worried about the elisas and the symptoms that haven gone away in my mouth maybe if i let this go so will they> thanks and by the way where and how do i make a $100.00 donation???

Hello "Two-Reactive" Guy,

Can stress cause or exacerbate "geographic tongue" and aphthous ulcers? Sure, it's possible. One thing that's absolutely certain is your mouth and tongue symptoms are not caused by HIV. No way. No how. As I wrote in my response to your initial post, HIV is not your problem.

Is there anything out there that's blocking your ability to produce anti-HIV antibodies? Nope! Are you coinfected? No. You mentioned you tested negative for hepatitis (A, B, and C) and therefore you are not coinfected.

Stop worrying about the "two-reactive ELISAs." They are false-positives, as we established previously (see below). Stop trying to link common mouth and tongue symptoms to an illness you couldn't possibly have.

Finally, donation information for The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org. Just click on the "Donate" tab. Tax-deductible gifts can be made via credit card, PayPal, personal check, appreciated securities, bank-to-bank wire transfer and just about any other means imaginable! (Someone once tried to donate his wife, but we had to decline.)

Stop worrying. Be well. Stay well. (You are indeed "well!")

two reactive elisas??? Oct 24, 2006

dear doc. here we go..............first at a possible exposure on june 10 i did a hiv test at 9 weeks and the elisa was reactive the sup was neg the p24 neg and wbt neg then i ran another test at the 15 week mark with all the same results should this mean that i dont have hiv? i dont know what keeps triggering the first tests but it scares me and i should also mention that i tested for all stis and hep a b c at the 15 week mark which were all neg!! all my tests were for hiv 1 and 2 and 4th generation at that. would it not be fair to say that if the seroconversion was taking place even at 9 weeks then for sure at 15 weeks the wbt would have had some kind of reaction?

You are HIV negative. Your ELISA tests are false-positive tests as confirmed by your follow-up negative supplementary tests, including Western Blots and p24 antigen. There are many potential causes for your false-reactive ELISA. However, please note that a reactive ELISA with a negative Western Blot is considered to be a negative HIV test, OK?

Your nine-week test result would not be considered definitive (still in the three-month window); however, your 15-week test result is definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. To answer your specific question about seroconversion, yes, if you were in the process of seroconverting at week nine, your test would be positive by week 15.

So yell WOO-HOO! and go celebrate safely, of course!

Be well. Stay well.

Hey Doc. Need your help!
Oral on Stripper