Follow-up Results: I need the Icon of societies help!

Well I just got my Hiv1/Hiv2 12.5week (87th day) results! NEGATIVE!!!!!!!!!! My doctor felt that I was out of my mind since my PCR and Elisa were negative at 1month/4.5weeks/28-29days. She actually called me personally to tell me that as well as to give me my results while I was working (which freaked me out). My doctor also told me that this 3 month result is 100% certain of my status since I have no abnormal or serious underlying health issues or medication/immune issues that would alter the results. Do you agree with this conclusion considering my exposure and past testing?

I did mention my throat/tongue issue that's been going on since my exposure and she felt that I it could be due to stress, plaque, mouth breathing while sleeping, etc... I did get a referral to an ENT specialist to get a second opinion (which I'll do in the coming weeks).

I can't even explain how good I feel, its almost surreal and overwhelming. I'm actually going to call tomorrow to get my results fax'd to me so that I can see it in writing (going to hang it on my wall). I'm still thinking out getting tested at 6 months (Jan 29th) but it will depend on my health/ peace of mind in the coming months. Do you feel a 6 month test is needed considering my exposure and past testing? Lastly, am I finally 100% WOO HOOABLE?

Please refer to my previous posting/response from Oct 16 for my original posting.

Also expect a new volunteer or financial supporter to your local cause! ;)

Welcome back to the forum.

Your repeatedly negative ELISAs out to 87 days plus your negative PCR at 4.5 weeks are indeed WOO-HOOable. Congratulations!

Personally, I do not feel you need a six-month follow-up test. However, the CDC guidelines do recommend a confirmatory six-month HIV antibody test for individuals who had a known significant HIV exposure. Unprotected insertive anal sex with a partner confirmed to be HIV positive would constitute a significant HIV exposure. The ultimate decision to retest or not is, as always, up to you. Your current symptoms are not indicative of or worrisome for HIV disease.

Be well. Stay well. (Yes, I do indeed strongly believe you dodged the HIV bullet and are "well.")

Resubmitted form the Fatigue and Anemia Forum: My odds & HIV
probabilities