CURE???????

Dr. Bob,

I did a web search and found several products that claim they can cure AIDS. What do you know about immunoboost and other immune cures. Shall I send away for the information. I really want to be cured.

poz-guy

Hey Poz-Guy,

Another Web-based AIDS cure??? Gosh, that's like the 5th one this week!

Poz-Guy, think this through rationally. If any of these products were actually a cure for AIDS, don't you think we all would have heard about them from a slightly more reliable source than an obscure Web page wanting you to send away for more information? Gee . . . do you get the ginsu knife set or a Vegamatic if you respond in the next 10 minutes? And do you really think Magic Johnson would still be HIV positive if a cure existed?

Scams like these have been around since the earliest days of the epidemic when a Web was nothing more than a spider's home or something hypocritical GOPers got themselves tangled in while trying to lie their way out of yet another scandal.

When the cure for AIDS does arrive (and it eventually will!), I assure you that you won't have to do a Web search to hear about it. I'll bet Fox News will even have to mention it while trying to blame the entire pandemic on Godless sodomites or Clinton's penis or whatever . . . .

For now, Poz-Guy, keep your Web browser tuned to reliable HIV-information sites, like The Body. We'll keep you informed with facts and science, rather than hype and science fiction!

Be well.

My odds of contracting HIV?
worry about cd4