will my KS go away - a comment

I was diagnosed in Feb 2006, VL many millions and CD4 120. I had approx 50 lesions on my torso, arms, legs, soles of my foot, top of my head - which considering i m bald looked really Tom Hanks circa Philidelphia and the inside of my mouth. I started HIV treatment immediately. 8 months later CD4 370 I only have about 20 lesions most of which are very slowly disappearing. The one on my head went almost immediately as did the ones on my torso. The remaining ones have reduced in size, colour, and are flat. Before I could nt wear t shirts now they just look like I have a few more moles than I did before. I am confident in the next 12 months all will have disappered. I had no chemo and no other treatment. From my experience the first to go were the last to appear. Hang in there it takes a while but I m sure they will go. I was very sceptical that they would, but I was wrong. Good luck, and don t throw away your shorts and t shirts just yet.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I noted the same wonderful phenomenon in many patients. As the immune system recovers (increasing CD4 cell count), the KS lesions melt away. Soon you'll be Tom Hanks circa The Da Vince Code . . . but skip the wig. It didn't suit him either.

Be well!

God bless you
magnetic