Dear Dr. Frascino

My dear friend: I had followed your steps in all these years since I wrote you my question. Your answer gave me a relief, nobody, a that time offered me. I had read your interviews about anemia and side effects on HIV people. It has been 25 years, and still there are many miths, and specially prejudice against HIV pos. people. Here in Puerto Rico is sad to listen to the news saying that our capital city, San Juan, is continuosly miscarrying Federal grants for HIV patients, becouse of corruption. This is the real sadness. People still think is a Gay/junkie/pervert stuff, but statistics ,as you said, is pointing to hetereosexual activities. Yes I still have those fears, with less frecuency, about been HIV pos, but I am working on them. I read your whole story, I am proud of the human being you are, and having the patience to answer all our doubts and fears. It would be great if in Puerto Rico, HIV leaders and some M.D. could join forces with you, and/or any other HIV organization, and get a stronger and compasive care for my HIV pos. people...

here your friend,

daydreamer

Hi Daydreamer,

Thanks for your kind comments. I'm delighted you've found the information here helpful.

HIV care is improving in Puerto Rico, but as is the case in almost all countries, there is still much room for improvement. Why not volunteer at a local AIDS service organization? By doing so you could help bring about the improvements in HIV/AIDS awareness, education, prevention and care you want to see take place in Puerto Rico! Positive action is even better than daydreaming!

Be well. Stay well.

Unprotected Anal Top one time
Overcoming phobia to sex (DISCLOSURE)