Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Dear Dr. Frascino
Oct 23, 2006

My dear friend: I had followed your steps in all these years since I wrote you my question. Your answer gave me a relief, nobody, a that time offered me. I had read your interviews about anemia and side effects on HIV people. It has been 25 years, and still there are many miths, and specially prejudice against HIV pos. people. Here in Puerto Rico is sad to listen to the news saying that our capital city, San Juan, is continuosly miscarrying Federal grants for HIV patients, becouse of corruption. This is the real sadness. People still think is a Gay/junkie/pervert stuff, but statistics ,as you said, is pointing to hetereosexual activities. Yes I still have those fears, with less frecuency, about been HIV pos, but I am working on them. I read your whole story, I am proud of the human being you are, and having the patience to answer all our doubts and fears. It would be great if in Puerto Rico, HIV leaders and some M.D. could join forces with you, and/or any other HIV organization, and get a stronger and compasive care for my HIV pos. people...

here your friend,

daydreamer

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Daydreamer,

Thanks for your kind comments. I'm delighted you've found the information here helpful.

HIV care is improving in Puerto Rico, but as is the case in almost all countries, there is still much room for improvement. Why not volunteer at a local AIDS service organization? By doing so you could help bring about the improvements in HIV/AIDS awareness, education, prevention and care you want to see take place in Puerto Rico! Positive action is even better than daydreaming!

Be well. Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Unprotected Anal Top one time
Next
Overcoming phobia to sex (DISCLOSURE)

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.