19 Months completed but still suffering with same fear.

Hi Dr Bob.

Good day from middle east.i would like to appriciate for the work you have been doing for years and providing help for folks considering themselves with HIV.You are really doing wounderfull and wish you best of luck in your work. Dr i had unprotected anal sex(i was insertive) with a gay of high risk almost 19 months back. after few days i started developing each and every symptoms of HIV infection( light fever, white tongue, muscles achaing, one swollon lymph node in neck, lost of appatite, sweatings, bowl disorder, infact every single symptom wich i coud find on internet. my life was so depressed and tensed that i coudn't move on in life. i took my first test at 7 months period and result was -ve.woooohoooo for me. but symptoms were still there so i took second test on one year mark. again test was clearly negative. Wohhhoooooo again.but symptoms still there..now its been almost 19 months and i still having same symptoms (one swollon lymph node in neck,white hairy tongue,scaly skin on legs and arms, black small spots on my face, white spots on hands and one tiny red mark on hand palm, feel some time less energy in my arms and legs) i have recently taken test for my lymph nodes and Dr told me that your lymph nodes are working very well.there is no swollon lymph node. For last two months i have been suffering with PN problem( burring sensation in feet souls and hands plus pain in toes and souls, some times i feel i walk on hot coal,it comes and goes) i am very depressed now a days again, and loosing my weight, i can not concentrate on my work and thinking again that i am +ve and all new sypmots are related to next stage of infection.Dr do i need to take my third test? do u think my symptoms are clearly related to HIV? Shoud i consult with Aids specialist? as i m now a days in an euorpean country so i am thinking to see some specialist for Aids. Dr i hope you will defenately respond to my questions and i will definately contribute some fund to your organization.

Best regars.

Sami.

Hello Sami,

Your repeatedly negative HIV tests out to one year from the time of your potential exposure are definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how.

Whatever is causing your symptoms, one thing is absolutely certain: it's not HIV! I do not believe you need additional HIV tests or and AIDS specialist. Your problem is depression and irrational fear of AIDS, not AIDS itself! Your statements, ". . . my life was so depressed and tensed that I couldn't move on . . ." and "I am very depressed nowadays again, and losing my weight, I cannot concentrate on my work . . ." reveal you are suffering from clinical depression. I strongly suggest you seek the evaluation and help of a psychiatrist or psychologist to treat your anxiety, depression and irrational HIV fears. Only be addressing these very real medical problems will you regain your health. Stop chasing a disease you could not possibly have and get help for the very real medical conditions you are suffering from.

Thank you for your donation (www.concertedeffort.org).

Feel better, OK? Remember, HIV is not your problem.

many thanks
RE: good luck Karma