I need your help please!

Dr. Bob , I greatly need your advise. I had a low exposure risk , and tested negative at 6 weeks and 17 weeks after exposure using oraquick rapid hiv 1/2 blood test. What worries me is I have had consistent headaches and these weird little itchy bumps on my stomach and chest area and sometimes a few on my arms and inner thighs. My gp says they are nothing , but he is not an expert or hiv specialist. I also get these dull pains on my inner thigh, and the back part of my knee feels numb at times. 1. Do you think these symptoms would indicate hiv? 2.Can I be 100% sure after the 17 week negative that I am indeed negative? 3.I have not had relations with my wife in a while and she is pregnant , so I have been terribly worried I could infect her, would you assume it safe to resume relations with her considering the negative test, even with these symptoms. 4.I read somewhere in the archives that at three months the test is over 99% accurate, and there have only been a couple of people who seroconverted past three months ever, and those were over 10 years ago, is this correct? I greatly appreciate your time , and donation on the way. ( CAn I woohoo or what?)

1. No. "Consistent" headaches, weird little itchy bumps, dull inner thigh pain and numb knees are not worrisome for or indicative of HIV.

2. Yes.

3. Yes.

4. Yes.

Can you WOO-HOO? Absofrickinlutely! However, I'd also suggest you level with your wife. It's not only the best way to confront your guilt and fears; it's also the right thing to do.

Kiss of doom
Scottish Soprano fan writes back!