Dentists with AIDS

Hi, What a Godsend to find this website and your sharing of your experience. I am a dentist with AIDS and have a few questions for you. I was diagnosed in March 2005 with a T cell count of 26 and presenting with KS and soon after, Lymphoma. I am a lucky survivor of 8 months of chemo (R-CHOP and Doxil) and am now looking into cosmetic work for the KS "remnants", likely heme pigment. My dermatologist arranged for me to be seen by SCORES of her colleaugues in a clinical conference environment and they are considering treatment options for me. Do you have any input on this? Also, is there any web-group of dentists with AIDS? I would like to connect for myself and to also be an example of a success story for others. I am finding out I am not as unique as I thought I was nor neaerly as terminal. Life is great and I am embarking on a new career pursuing my life-long fantasy life of airline work. Thanks for your input.

As you probably have learned from the scores of dermatologists who evaluated your case, there are a variety of treatment options to consider. Without additional information and examining you, it would be difficult for me to recommend which of these treatments you should try next. I'd suggest you follow the recommendations of your dermatologist and HIV specialist.

Regarding HIV-positive dentists, I'm not aware of any Web-based groups. Sorry. You might check with your national dental organizations to see if they are aware of any such resources. As for airline work, well you'll have loads of company there. If this pans out for you, do keep us posted on current happenings with the mile-high club, OK?

Good luck. Stay well!

Response on your response to home coward...
Desperate! Please help!