The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Oral risk Q - didn't find in archives

Oct 21, 2006

Dear Dr. Bob,

I was getting a hot lap dance, and in the heat of the moment, the girl got on top of me and pushed her crotch into my face. Although she was still wearing her panties (or a G-string, hard to tell the difference), I think I felt it with my face that she was wet, and small part of that fluid got on my lips. Risk-wise, is that still a lap dance with no-risk, or does it carry the risk of oral sex? I didn't finger her, kept my tongue inside my mouth, she was partly clothed... I don't even know if the wetness I felt was sweat or a vaginal fluid. Am I at risk? Do I need a test or do I need to run for PEP? Please, doctor. I don't know where to turn and the thought that I may be infected and dangerous to someone I love, almost makes me faint where I stand... or sit... Your answer is much appreciated. Thank you. I promise to get money and donate.

Anxious Jack.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Anxious Jack,

Well technically speaking it would be difficult to qualify a face-full of g-stringed stripper crotch as a "lap" dance, due to the geographical distance between these two anatomical structures (face and lap). However, your HIV risk, or perhaps more accurately HIV non-risk, remains the same.

Do you need to run for PEP? No. Your risk is nonexistent, so no need to run, walk, swim or cha-cha-cha for PEP, OK?

Relax, Jack. You're fine.

Stay well.

Dr. Bob

needlestick injury

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint