INSTI Test

Hi Dr Bob I went to a clinic and got tested at 8 weeks (negative). The test was called Insti. I looked at their web site just to read about it and it said this test checks for HIV 1 but does not mention HIV 2. http://www.biolytical.com/insti.php. Why is this ? I found this out after i got tested so i couldnt ask the Dr who did the test. Now im not sure if i should go back there for my 12 week test. btw. my risk exposure was low (just put my penis in ladys mouth when coming, didnt have sex with her). The Dr who did the test said i dont need to have a 12 week test as this was too low risk encounter but i will just to put my mind at ease. Please answer Dr Bob, i want to make sure my final 12 week test is done correctly so i can put this all behind me. Cheers ps. i saw in a previous post you take bets with people who received oral sex and were convinced they got hiv. If im negative at the 12 wk mark ill donate $200. thanks :))

I'm not sure exactly which type of INSTI TEST you had performed. There is an INSTI TEST that does check for both HIV-1 and HIV-2. It is called the INSTI HIV-1/HIV-2 Antibody Test. Clever name, eh? There are also a number of other rapid tests available that can screen for both viral types. But no matter which one you use, I'd recommend testing at three or more months after your potential exposure, as testing prior to this is not considered definitive or conclusive. That said, I do agree that your HIV risk is essentially nonexistent. Finally, I'll gladly take that $200 bet. I can with great confidence advise my Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org) that the funds are on their way! I'm sending you my very best good-luck karma that your definitive test remains negative, even though I doubt you need the luck.

Be well! I'm looking forward to WOO-HOOing with you soon!

hey bob post this resp to homo coward or not?
Oral risk Q - didn't find in archives