OXY-MORMON

This is just a comment but I love the work you're doing here. I want to tell you that I've been mormon for over 10 yrs, I have a degree in public health, I volunteer at local HIV awareness groups, I work 1:1 with HIV+ people that I just love. A few of my best friends are gay and lesbian. BTW, my political affliation is libertarian, not republican! I've found that having an open mind in today's society is most helpful. I know that mormons sometimes seem self rightous but they aren't all that way. We all spiritually grow because of the challenges we face. I just want to say that those that live a full life regardless of the hand that has been dealt to them are an inspiration to me. There is too much misinformation out there concerning STDs. People know to use a condom but until they actually comprehend why, many will still be reluctant to use one. They need to be told the whys. That's why I think what you do on this forum is incredible. We are all busy (my FT job is QC manager at a factory and I have a non verbal autistic child at home) but it's critical that people be engaged in a good cause. Public awareness and working with those that need support is a most important cause in my book. Again, thank you for your work. You are a light in the dark for many out there.

Oxy-mormon Mormon in Indiana

Hello Oxy-Mormon Mormon in Indiana,

Thank you for your kind comments and for taking the time to write in. You're a libertarian, open-minded, compassionate HIV/AIDS volunteer, who is also a Mormon?!?!?!? WOW! You are indeed an oxy-Mormon. And I mean that as a sincere compliment! Better not tell the church elders about your extracurricular activities or they may excommunicate you (or whatever the Mormon equivalent of excommunication may be)! I heartily applaud your efforts and good deeds. Most of the Mormons I know spend their time striving to remake the secular republic bequeathed by our founders into a Christian nation run according to their unique and to me somewhat bizarre interpretation of religious scriptures. This drives an ever-widening wedge between believers and nonbelievers. I worry when blind faith, rather than reason, common sense and compassion, is a heralded moral value. I do hope you can enlighten some of your Mormon colleagues to become oxy-Mormons as well.

Be well. Be "oxy!"

Army guy / Bachelor party
Im a poz bttm and partner is a neg (POSITIVE BOTTOM AND NEGATIVE TOP RISK)