pls dont deny again, begging help from Maldives

Dear Bob, take my heartiest thanks for the the kind service you and your foundation are doing to distressed people around the world.I am 27 , male , unmarried and from Maldives , an island country in asia which unfortunately highly conservative and developing (so called!).I dont know if there are any HIV testing facility here and cant see any doctor because then whole matter will be spread in the community.I hope you understand the hiv stigma in muslim countries.So the only hope is you for true advice and i have no one to look for.Only me and god knows what a horrrible condition i am going through.I beg your help, please Dr. Bob.

Here is my story,on May 25 th I came in contact with a german girl who was here for a voluntary work with a NGO.We were bit intimate and ended up brief kisssing , licking her nipples and finger her vaginal area (sorry for the language) and rubbing each other ( i was fully clothed).Looks pretty safe activities but the subsequent horrifying experiences are as follows: - from around june 20th i felt bit weaker , fatigued and itchy feeling inside the throat which produced dry cough specially at night.I didnt think of HIV at that time but i was wondering what was wrong with me and started searching internet for early symptoms and get worried that these are among early symptoms.But any way i took medicine for coughing after two weeks and it went away pretty quickly but fatigue was there. -From July 20 th developed a few tiny red dots (non raisesd, non itchy) in my thigh and chest area ,slight pain in testacles , penis and burning sensation while urinating(for 1 week) , bit dark yellow urine ,dizziness, ear pain and bit pain while swallowing(for 1 day), fatigue and 3 kg weight loss since june 15th.Some tiny red dots are still present (now almost 19 th week) with on and off dark yellow urine.. from august1 to august 15 th i felt bit well but over all weakness was there. - from aug 15 th i felt simultaneous neck and lower back pain, headache (for randomely 3 days,pain in arm pit, shoulder and back of knee joints (for 2-3 days) two time loose stool (gone with medicine), raised and non itcy rash in feet, chest ,arms which were gone in few days, but some left dark mark in the skin. by this time i also noticed some brown spots in my face ,thigh and shoulder.The neck pain was there for almost 3 weeks. Since then i m still experiencing bit dark yellowish urine (speciallly in the morrning) , overall weakness,and now having a white tongue with few bumps at end of tongue.I can scrape the white coating without bleeding.For the last few days i am noticing the both types of rashes are coming back in my arms and chest and disappearing in 2-3 days.I cant remember any noticeble fever during the whole period. About my exposure, I fingered her only her face of the vagina (not deep) but felt secretions in my hand but dont know any blood was there.Sometimes i have some small cut in my finger but cant remember at that day i had any.If it was there it was at least 30 hrs old and i didnt feel any sting while fingering or washing hands afterwards.Later i desperately cut my finger to judge the situation and found the cut well scabbed before 30 hrs and scab doesnt fall off even with rubbing. The kissing episode was only 1-2 seconds but i felt her tongue and some fluid in my tongue but not sure was it saliva or blood(i was so excited because it was first kiss of my life,i m 27..pls dont laugh).My biggest fear is that sometimes i have a swollen gum and if hardly pressed it discharges some puz and trace amount of blood but i cant remember if i had it in that day,If it was there i didnt press it at least for 6 hrs before the kissing.I read the archives but cant find any similar story with so many symptoms, i m quite in despair and only thing i do now days is crying alone.I dont know if i catch this disease where will happen to my middle-class parents and two little sisters.I dont bother for my life but cant let them to be disgraced in society,

I am so sorry to bore u with this long mail but i have here no one to tell this. This society will rather accept a murderer but not some one with HIV.You are the first one I m telling this , i cant share it with anyone here.Please answer the following. 1. What are my chance of getting the hiv. 2. why i have so many symptoms if i dont have hiv....in the archives i found people tested negative even with symptoms but not as many symptoms as i have.

I pray to God for the well-being of all who are fighting this devil disease.I love you all. Sorry for not being able to donate now.

Hello Maldives-Guy,

You "desperately cut (your) finger to judge the situation and found the cut well scabbed before 30 hrs. and scab doesn't fall off even with rubbing . . . ." WHAT???? Yep, that's desperate all right and not at all something to brag about.

Your risk of acquiring HIV from the activities you describe is virtually nonexistent.

Your symptoms are not suggestive of or worrisome for HIV disease or ARS (acute retroviral syndrome).

To specifically address your questions:

1. Virtually nonexistent.

2. Your symptoms are unrelated to HIV. I cannot diagnose the specific cause of your symptoms over the Internet. However, many of them could be related to anxiety, guilt and irrational fear of HIV.

Yes, HIV testing is available in Maldives. Check out this website:http://www.who.int/GlobalAtlas/predefinedReports/EFS2004/EFS_PDFs/EFS2004_MV.pdf. As for HIV's stigma in Muslim countries (. . . "this society will rather accept a murderer but not someone with HIV . . . ."), it is shameful and immoral. Why not do something about it? Talk to your friends and family about the need to change your society's attitude about HIV. Change will not happen until people begin to speak out and demand change. Don't spend your days "crying alone." Instead, spend your time and energy crying out loud for change.

Your "desperate" acts and degree of anxiety over this essential non-exposure tragically demonstrate the consequences of HIV/AIDS stigma and lack of basic information about HIV transmission. Although HIV is not a personal health problem for you at this time, it remains a significant problem for your society. The next step is yours.

Lost, confused and no where to turn
Yo docta bob