Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Oy vey you must be busy. Would ya please respond.
Oct 20, 2006

Say I hope you might respond to my long email from either Tuesday or Monday. I am the Law student who had the Elisa test at 51/2 weeks and the Ora quik or is it Ora sure test this past tuesday at 16 1/2 weeks both were firm Negative/non-reactive tests. Is any further testing needed? I was hoping you would have responded to my first long arse email b/c it was a wee bit witty and bashed dubya. I get a laugh out of your anti-religious right wing comments. Oh last thing...you told one of us worry well peeps to visit youy and buy you a cup of joe in a previous email-think it was the bloke from the 5 cities(long Island) anyway next time I'm in Marin I would really fancy it if I could tell you personally a thank you. Take care of ur self mate! G-d bless.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hey there Law-Stud. (short for Law Student),

I enjoyed the "wee bit witty" and comments about our rodeo-clown president. However, I didn't respond because I have responded to similar posts from countless worried-well peeps in the past. (Check the archives!)

In brief, barring extenuating circumstances, a negative HIV-antibody test at three months or greater from the time of a non-occupational potential HIV exposure is considered to be definitive and conclusive. Consequently your 16.5-week negative test qualifies. So you shouldn't be worried-well peeping, but rather certified-well-WOO-HOOing!!! OK?

Next time you're in the San Francisco Bay Area we'll celebrate your excellent health over a cup of Peet's dark French roast, OK?

Until then, be well; stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Is Saliva HIV transmiter...Question that never dies...
Next
Lost, confused and no where to turn

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.