PLEASE RESPOND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello, I am a currently working our Combined Federal Campaign and it is open until Dec. Anyway, your organization is not on there still. I see a few people have asked about it.

To my question or should I say, no answer from you. I emailed you awhile back and then again about 1 week ago about my contact in Thailand and then swollen nodes in my neck, and what feels like a cloudy feeling in my upper lung. I am starting to get some back pains in the middle upper back also. I had my condom break on a woman there a few times and this has really stressed me out, of course I am not mad about no response from you because I understand you probably get a huge amount of emails every day. But I gotta be honest, I am doing the worst possible thing that my doc says that I should be doing and that is trying to self diagnose myself on the internet before the results come in, this is the biggest reason I keep asking your advice, a lot of different places are saying how swollen lymph nodes are almost always generalized and not in just one place, and some places just say swollen nodes in the neck groin or under arms. I will admit, the second this has happened to me, I have been completely stressed about this.

Out of all the sites I have visited, the body has to be the most informative I have ever seen. I of course, I really love reading your responses, that is the kind of answers I like to hear. I can't stand it when someone is trying to soften up what they are trying to say to me.

I really appreciate your time, and greatly appreciate any advice you can give me.

Hopefully your foundation can get on the CFC, I will defintely be advertising it throught the military.

Thanks for the heads-up regarding the Combined Federal Campaign. I have passed this information on to our volunteer staff and they are evaluating the program. In the interim, The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation accepts credit cards, PayPal, personal checks, money orders, direct-wire transfers, cash, appreciated securities, used planes, trains, cars, spaceships, etc. Consequently there is a wide variety of giving options currently available to those wishing to make a tax-deductible gift to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation.

Next, why are you "doing the worst possible thing that (your) doc says (you) should be doing . . . self diagnosis . . . ?" If you know it's not helpful, why do it? I totally agree with your doctor. There is no way he or I can provide you with all the medical knowledge and practical experience necessary for you to evaluate lymphadenopathy (swollen lymph nodes)! And since you have a doctor, why are you trying to second guess him and his medical judgement?

What I will tell you is that the generalized painless lymphadenopathy that can be associated with HIV disease is, as the name implies, painless and generalized (occurring in multiple locations simultaneously). A "cloudy feeling" in your upper lung is not worrisome for or suggestive of HIV ARS.

Your HIV risk is condom failure "a few times" in Thailand. First off condom failure is a relatively rare occurrence when condoms are used properly. I'd suggest you review the basics of proper latex condom technique (in the archives) and use plenty of water-based lubricant. Next, condom failure does place you at risk for STDs, including HIV. Your physician will screen you for appropriate STDs and you should have a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. If you are having difficulty with stress and anxiety while waiting for your results, you need to get treatment for stress and anxiety rather than attempt to become your own doctor by self diagnosing potential symptoms.

The reason I did not respond to your question previously is that I've given this exact same advice to countless others. (Check the archives!)

Good luck!

Dr .Bob

WOOO-WHOOAAA-maybe...
Is Saliva HIV transmiter...Question that never dies...