Something wierd, i've posted too many times without answers.

Doc,

I work at a HIV clinic, raising funds and delivering meals to weak AIDS patients and such, and im a promoter of gay rights here in canada. so HIV has been on my mind like a leech. my shrink even told me to stop working there because my mind is too fragile for the job. but i continue doing it anyway. i mean if that ape bush isnt gonna do anything, i will...God i hate him.. anyway.. I had a sexual encounter with a female, condom broke. she showed me her test results, neg, but she said she had one unprotected encounter since(like us, unlikely candidate for the virus) also broken condom. seeing as were both unlikely candidates for HIV, i pushed the Idea out of my mind. If you can answer this, it would SERISOULY help me out. On the outer side of my pectoral muscles, i feel a group of small 'blobs', small, soft, mobile, they feel the same as the ones in my groin (where the belt sits). Personally i've had swollen nodes before as everyone and they felt different. Thing is i was wondering are the inguinal and axialary nodes palpable EVEN if there not swollen?? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE answer... a simple yes or no would either send me into a frenzy or help me sleep at night.. i just need a short answer.. 3 letters tops is all i ask.

Thank you and godbless you. PS: i thought i might mention this... theres this guy that convinced me to stop smoking. He's name....Dr. Rob J Frascino.. i've been gymming it almost daily, i look better, feel better and dont have that nasty throat slime i have to cough up in the morning.

I disagree with your shrink. I think your work with AIDS patients and your promoting gay rights is therapeutic! Helping others in need is an excellent way to keep our own problems in their proper perspective. You can tell him I said so!

Regarding lymph nodes, most folks who haven't been to medical school haven't a clue what they are feeling for or where they should be palpating. Even if they do find the right location, they certainly don't know what's "normal" from what may be abnormal. Can lymph nodes in the inguinal and axillary regions be palpated even when they are not enlarged? Absolutely, particularly the inguinal nodes. (The axillary nodes are much harder to palpate). Should you be worried? Absolutely not. Should you be trying to palpate your own lymph nodes? Absofrickinlutely not!

My advice is simple. If you've had a potential HIV exposure, get an HIV rapid test at the three-month mark. You'll have a definitive answer in just 20 minutes.

Regarding your regular gym workouts and quitting smoking, BRAVO! These are two of the most important and efficacious health-promoting measures anyone could undertake!!! And as secondary benefits, your mouth won't taste like an ashtray and you'll look better naked!

Be well. Stay well.

damaged goods (semi woohoo)
Just a word of support to all those walking worried