2nd opinion

Doc,

G'day from downunder! Hope all is well with you, and hope life smiles a teethy smile at you. Doc, i was tested negative a while back and hadnt had unprotected sex since. just to let u know that im negative to start with. I was at this party and met this girl, due to lack of condoms, we engaged in a 69. very low risk of transmition. the only symptom i had was fatigue after 10 days of encounter. ( i think it might have started 8 or 9 days days after encounter and stayed for a few days). either way. I felt a few lumps here and there so i went to a doctor, he confirmed i had general lymphodenopathy, and said it could be some virus, most probably NOT HIV and told me that i shouldnt even test. . so i started dating this girl, we had unprotected sex when she was confirmed negative. im allergic to latex and dont like the durex avanti ones, so i made her test. (i am supposed to still be negative after what my doc told me). she got sick one month later, doctor said it was viral, she had a fever for about 2 days, stomach cramps and usual malaise from fever. and it wasnt very high either (38C).Were all 100% hetero and the 69 girl only had one unprotected encounter a month before our 69 (if she got it there, im guessing she had a high viral load. No one at all in this story is a highrisk person. Now my lymphodenopathy has persisted for over 4 months. my doctor said that if i was feeling good to just ignore it. Do you agree with this man? he isnt an HIV specialist, so i figured I would ask you for ur take on it. Please tell me listening to him was not a mistake, i have found my self in love with this girl, and i would hate to have to tell her i infected her.

God bless, and may the kangaroos be with you!

Hello Down-Under Guy,

Your HIV risk is indeed extremely remote. Symptoms, no matter what they are, are notoriously unreliable in predicting HIV infection.

Do I think you're HIV infected? Nope. However, since you are concerned, why not just get an HIV rapid test. You'll have an accurate result in just 20 minutes that will put all your residual worries permanently to rest. My prediction is that you'll be happily cackling like a kookaburra and cuddling like a koala while WOO-HOOing like a Tasmanian Devil when you see that negative test result.

Roos Rule!

Hi Dr. Absolutely , Positively HANDSOME, and I am not Gay
Dr Bob is it hot in here. Or is it you? Love you (ICL)