Please help my friend Doctor Bob

Dearest Dr. Bob,

I am living in denmark. In February 2005, I met a German woman online and since then we have been in touch through the phone and online chat. Since we have been in touch constantly, I have seen a change in her health throughout this one and half years of knowing her. Last year she told me that when she gets a flu, it doesnt easily go away. Her doc has told her that cos she is dieting. During the first half of this year she constantly got a fever and headache. She was always using paracetamol. I met in her july and on that day also, she took paracetamol cos she had a slight temperature and headache. Somewhere in August she developed a cough that didnt go away. Last week she told me that her doc had done an X Ray and found that she is having a small lung infection(in both lungs) - She is a heavy smoker too. When I contacted her 2 days before, to my horror, she said that she get very tired even when she climbs her staircase and she has no appetite. I strongly suspected that she must be HIV+. I was so upset to tell her to get tested on HIV bcos she always says that she doesnt want to know whats inside her body. She always gave excuses that her flu and coughs are due to weather. I am sure her doc doesnt know anything about HIV. For her weakness, he had asked her to take multi vitamins! This morning I gathered my guts and told her on the phone to ge tested on HIV. She said her doc tested for all infections last week and its no HIV. I dont believe her Dr. Bob. Since yesterday she cant even talk properly on the phone as she was panting with tiredness.

Please help my friend Dr. Bob. I am going to Germany this week to see her. I can show your reply to her and motivate her to get tested.

(1) Please tell me whether these symptoms are that of AIDs ? (2)Is my friend at the last stage of HIV and is she having AIDs now ? (3) Does a normal cough lead to lung infection in HIV- people and do these symptoms like tiredness, no appetite be something other than AIDs ?

Please help doctor as I feel time is running out for her. I am so sorry for the lengthy question but I am so sure that your great expert advise can definitely save my friend. I will be just making a donation.

Thank you so much in advance.

Love you Doctor Bob.

Mark.

Hello Mark,

Your Fraulein does sound like she has a significant medical problem that requires attention; however, I certainly would not immediately assume her symptoms are HIV related, particularly because she is a "heavy smoker." Just like everyone else, if she's placed herself at risk for HIV, she should certainly be tested. But her current problem may well be related to a respiratory tract infection (sinobronchitis, pneumonia, etc.). Encourage her to follow up with her doctor and, most importantly, to stop smoking!

Thanks for your donation (www.concertedeffort.org).

Good luck to you both!

enough testing ?
Dr.Saab Aapko laakho salaam..