Trying to get this stupid worry outa my head

Dear Dr Bob Been all through the archives and can often leave the forum feeling a lot better. But sometimes im overwhelmed by anxiety and find myself reading more of the archives, trying to find reassurance. I think many like myself feel the need for an experts opinion regarding our own situation, regardless of other questions being answered. Does that make sense?, I hope so, because I would value your opinion very much. Here goes. Had mutual masturbation with another guy, niether of us cum. Dont know about precum, but dont think so. First time 'curious' experience, didnt think much of it, and left. few days later, panic attack thinking I might have caught HIV. Did tons of 'resaerch'. Worst thing I could have done. Convinced myself I'd got all the symptoms at one time or another. During this time of acute anxiety, was aware of my foreskin getting very red and irritated after sex or masturbation. First thought yeast infection, but showed it Doc and he disagreed. Over year later, its still the same. Showed it another Doc, he didnt have an explanation. Told neither Doc I was still freeking out about HIV. Foreskin is still red after sex or one off the wrist. It gets this way during and immediately after the event, but dos'nt happen if I have no sexual activity. Symptoms gone usually by a week, but can reappear within seconds of any sexual activity. I know that you have said to may people that mutual masturbation is very low risk, and during my 'experience', niether of us even ejaculated. But I still get plagued with stupid thoughts of 'What if' etc, etc. I think just reading your reasurring words would help me considerably. I hope you can find the time. All the best. Worriedwell (I hope)

You are trying to get this stupid worry out of your head so you'd like an expert opinion??? OK, as an expert, I'd advise you to get that stupid worry out of your head.

Dude, from reading the archives, you must know that mutual masturbation is not a risk for HIV transmission. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. OK?

So what is your problem? I think you described it well when you wrote ". . . I'm overwhelmed with anxiety . . . ." BINGO!!! And just in case you aren't convinced, your statement, ". . . I get plagued with stupid thoughts of 'what if," etc. . . ." adds further evidence that anxiety and worry are your problem. Not HIV! I strongly suggest you seek counseling to address your anxiety and irrational fears of HIV. You could also consider a single HIV rapid test to calm your unwarranted HIV worries. However, please note the only reason to get the test is, in fact, to put your fears to rest. The results will undoubtedly be negative, OK?

Stop worrying. Feel better.

Welcome back Dr. Bob!!!!
12 Week Test Woo-Hoo-able Even with Geo Tongue?