Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Again me, sorry, but I can't sleep! *help*
Oct 12, 2006

Hi Bob - I'm really sorry if I get on your nerves, but, please, please give me a comment on my post last night ("Visited a prostitude"). I searched through the archive and I think to having found some cases that might be a bit like mine, but I really need to hear it from your mouth (or keyboard...) I can't sleep anymore. My skin is itching, maybe for psychological reasons, but I would feel soo much better if you answered my question... Just this only one time, I will never ever do something like that again. I also will donate some money even though I don't have so much - but I will, promise! Just help me - I feel so bad and I'm really scared... I don't know if you still have my Email from yesterday, so I will tell you again... Last week I went to Spain and visited a Brothel. There I had vaginal Sex with a prostitute (different positions, ca. 30mins). From the beginning we used a condom which she put on my penis. I think the condom didn't break and was ok (after the intercourse she showed me the condom from a disctance with the sperm in it). But now I'm very scared that even though we used a condom I could be infected with a STD. After I finished I put on my pants and maybe some vaginal serum was in my pubic hair wich came in contact to my bell-end. She was sitting on top and I was quite deeply in her! Or maybe somehow I infected through the condom or something. Also my skin on my penis, my ballbag, around my anus and my thighs are very itchy since then - maybe a psychological problem as well. Please, Please answer this time my question - you would save my life. Excuse my little bit poor English but I really need your help. I'm someone who only believes something if you tell it directly to me. Maybe you think me to be very stupid, but believe me, without your opinion I cannot go on living as I did before. You are doing such a great work, please do it one single time for me, too! Just tell me what risk I have to be infected with some kind of STD. Thank you for your help!!! Yours sincerely, Thomas.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Thomas,

You visited a "prostitude???" Hmmm . . . well whether prostitute, prostitude or prosti-dude doesn't really matter, as long as the latex condom was used properly and did not break. HIV cannot permeate intact latex. No way. No how. OK? If your home entertainment center is "very itchy," see a dermatologist. You could have mild jock itch, dry skin or nothing at all.

If you remain worried about HIV, get a single HIV rapid test at the three-month mark to put your unwarranted fears permanently to rest. Testing prior to three months is not considered to be definitive.

So relax, Thomas, and get some sleep! Those bags under your eyes are not an attractive look for you!

Dr. Bob

Previous
PCR Test?
Next
Welcome back Dr. Bob!!!!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.