Test ????????

Dear DR Bob, I have a quick question . I had a elisa test done 9 days after exposure come back Positive . The western blot came back indeterminate with weak p55 and p160 weaker than the control band.This was thru my GP. In the mean time while I was waiting I did a PCR Dna test at 14 day .It came back undetected. Today when I got theresults Of the ELISA and WB I did a raapid test it came out neg. My GP now ordered a HIV viral load test .

What do you think.I had a very very low risk exposure .You could say I would be the 1 in 20000 .Please can you give some advice .I can't sleep.You Rock and are an insoiration to all

I'm an "insoiration" to all??? Hmmm . . . OK, if you say so.

If your risk was "very, very low" and you have a negative rapid test, negative DNA PCR, positive ELISA and indeterminate Western Blot with only a weak p55 and gp160, I would conclude you are HIV negative. Your ELISA was a false positive. I would have advised against the "viral load" test. If you remain concerned, see an HIV specialist for a more complete assessment of your actual HIV-exposure risk and the diagnostic studies you've had performed to date. I'm willing to bet that, in the final analysis, you are confirmed to be HIV negative.

Stay safe. Stay well.

Please! im terrified...ill donate asap (from the caribbean)
so worried